Heavy Devi - An Original Circuit

BuddytheReow

Breadboard Baker
I finally got around to boxing this up this morning. This is an "originally designed" circuit inspired by Devi Ever Fx and the numerous fuzzes she has produced over the years. I dug through a pdf floating out there containing a handful of schematics out there and noticed a lot of similarities in the topology. Naturally, I decided to breadboard a few of them and try em out on my own. Playing a game of mix-and-match, I stumbled upon a sound that I liked. While I enjoyed the sound, the eq needed some tweaking and decided to add some EQ on the breadboard.

I was happy with the circuit on the breadboard and set off on the journey to somehow box this up. While there are PCBs out there such as the below to make a more permanent breadboard I wanted to attempt to put this on stripboard/veroboard.

Using DIY layout creator I was able to put together a relatively simple layout. If you've put the time working with a breadboard then stripboard isn't that different of a concept. A breadboard is very fixed in terms of rows, columns, how they're connected, etc. With stripboard you have the option of cutting the tracks and adding jumpers. The layout on stripboard should be a little neater than a breadboard.

Anyways, here is the Heavy Devi. It is a nasty fuzz pedal with tweakable treble and bass controls. The fuzz control goes from a nasty octave sounding fuzz all the way down to a distortion (or should I say fuzz-tortion?).

Is this the best circuit ever designed? No, but it is my brainchild and my first project ever completed from breadboard to reality. The enclosure art is merely acrylic paint and paint pens with an idea I found while browsing late at night.

EDIT: If you have any interest in seeing what's under the hood then check out the thread below. Schematic and stripboard layout included.

1659534400584.png
1659534420991.png

Last edited:
Back