Help a noob split

FamousAmos

Hello,

I was wondering, is there a way to use the Skeptical buffer to create a buffered splitter? (1 in, 2 out) where both outputs can be buffered?

You want a buffer on top of the Skeptical Buffer?
Where are both lines going? This may have an impact on what kind of splitter.

If you just need the signal split, maybe a "mono male to 2-stereo male" cable would work?

My first purpose is to split the guitar signal to use 1 out with a side chain (muzzle key and tuner kept out of the main signal chain so to speak) and the other out to the board as usual (overdrive > eq > distortion > etc )

In my little brain, the theory behind both signals being buffered is so the noise gate key is detecting an equivalent buffered signal to what's going through the rest of the board and thus gates based on the same signal if im explaining that well enough.

2nd purpose is to possibly (eventually) use with a dual amp setup which I understand when attempting that one of the outs is best made isolated to prevent ground loops.

Focusing on purpose one for now I'm trying to just get an understanding of how the jack wiring would need to go, if it's possible to finagle somehow with 1 PCB, or if I'd need multiple.

Last edited:
Technically, aside from any isolation requirements, you should be able to simply split the output to two separate jacks without any additional circuitry.

If you absolutely insist on the two outputs being buffered separately you could add one of the "Simple JFET Buffer" PCBs to one of the outputs.

If fact, if all you're needing is a buffer (and not the EQ/color/hype of the Skeptical) you'd be just as well off using two of the JFET buffer modules.

Back