Help with building a ABCDEFGHIJY Box

PAGOON

Hello I know this may sound crazy but this guy I know has asked me to help him build like a ABY box with 4 ABY boxes in one… he thinking two inputs and 8-10 switchable outputs with leds that will be going to multiple amplifiers.. I’ve heard his sound and it does sound great… he’s using ABY boxes and splitters now but he wants to put everything in one controlled enclosure.he has like six Hotones amplifiers going into a few cabs I just need help if anybody can sketch up a quick diagram of how to wire the box I would greatly appreciate it… Im not sure if it will need buffers he’s not using any now and he is happy with the sound. Thanks

How do you want to do it? You could:
  • Use a 2p8t switch with one pole for LEDs and one for signal routing.
  • Use CMOS logic.
  • Use a mcu and a rotary encoder.
Edit: that won’t give you a foot switchable solution. If you want “radio button” behavior, you could use a DPDT for the input signal, then route the output through a bunch of intelligent relay bypass boards with the control connection. It’s not going to be cheap though.

I was thinking of dpdt or 3pdt maybe ran like true bypass way with all the switches linked together. I was thinking all switches will be able to turn each amp on and off individually regardless of where’s it at on the board .I’m going to draw something up just need another set of eyes to look it over . Yeah I figured I’d draw him the plans and make a parts list for him … it’s up to him.. but great idea using the 3pdt bypass boards it will be ten dollars more costly but it will be easier for him do do..

Last edited:
I just confused the hell out of myself let me draw this again the switch should turn on the leds right and and the in and out should be used for the jacks right? I haven’t even gotten to think about the leds again let me draw something up clean slate again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 7
Yeah I’m super confused with using the breakout board …

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 5
I meant the intelligent relay bypass boards, not the 3PDT breakouts. With 3PDT switches, you’ll have turn on/off each switch individually. Which may make things a little difficult.

You’re essentially building a passive looper, but you’re only using the SENDS (not RETURN). There should be plenty wiring diagrams on the net for that.

Yeah that’s exactly correct… he does want to turn on things individually. Wow I was just thinking about if a multi looper will work if just using the sends. I may have to tell him to go that route…I think this will work minus the returns

Attachments

• 42CE9C31-6BB4-4B99-898F-3F66FDD758B8.jpeg
    42CE9C31-6BB4-4B99-898F-3F66FDD758B8.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back