Holy crap it works!

Phil hodson

So this might not be much to some of you but I feel it’s a mile stone for me! Like my amp I built earlier in the year this is way out of my comfort zone.

It’s my first dip into breadboarding. So I started slow and easy.

This is a copy of an Electro Harmonix LPB-1 boost.

Very basic components and low component count, and one active transistor.

Using the PEDALPCB proto board I knocked it up in a few minutes and it only went and bloody worked the first time. You should have seen the smile!

I feel this is only going to be the start! So much Info on this forum too which as been a great help.

Wish me luck, I maybe in my basement for some time….

710C7EEE-F284-4C3D-BFAA-1B67B353B0B9.jpeg 8425E8ED-F404-4757-9978-7039E9491117.jpeg DDBB45C6-A53D-494B-A9FE-A429DC92B962.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks folks. Good idea @Harry Klippton. I was wondering how to save it. I might do a few tweaks and see what happens at each stage before moving on.
Going to try a distortion/screamer next. Unless anyone else has some better suggestions.
@Locrian99 well done for doing the lay out too! I followed instructions but at each step of the way referenced the schematic. You are correct. It’s the larger of the two pedal PCB bread boards that @Robert makes. It was so easy to use.

Last edited:
Try the aft pre amp! It’s so compatible with so many different transistors! You’ll have fun just swapping them out and getting different sounds.

Hi @Fizz it is quite a lot, but there is also the micro board too which I’m sure you could put most things on too.
There isn’t much to add after the initial cost though as all the parts are available very cheaply. And available from Tayda or other places.
I wanted one that would maybe be too much arbors at the moment but something I could grow into.
It’s a really good size to sit at a fast and have it in front of you. I think while learning it’s good to have the space to work with rather than cramming it all into a small space.

Back