Huginn

jhaneyzz

Meet Huggin, named for one of Odin's ravens

I've raved (pun intended) about the Madbean EgoDeath several times in the forums so I won't repeat myself about the circuit but This Pedal Rocks.

It and my Kliché are the only two ODs that haven't been booted in my current fascination with tube based pedals. There is a Sushi Box Particle Accelerator just to the left.

This is my first EgoD meant for flight. i.e. sending it to a friend whose son is a semi-professional musician to try out. I'm asking him to record a demo of the pedal I'll use to post.

This is kinda current "state of the art" for me. All my newest build techniques, favorite knobs. Carnelian Sphere and as is usual with my builds, a happy accident.

The build docs "conveniently" identify drill guides for top, OR side mounted power. So I dutifully drilled them all... SO what do I normally do... slap some perforated metal on it!!! Check out the brass respiration port.

IMG_6996 2.jpg

IMG_6997.jpg

Why yes, I DID mean to drill that extra hole and put that brass screen behind it... (obviously thinking I just just go ahead and back light the thing...)

IMG_6995.jpg

As opposed to my previous EgoD build, the 1N34A's in this one are 'just' audibly different when engaged. Best with both DIPs up as opposed to how they show in the photo above.

Nice etch- it's rad how you've got the sharp lines for the raven and the blurred stuff in the background.
It's a real pain in the ass refining the art and the process, especially the finishing after the etching. That "faded blue jean" feathering in the big etched areas is actually intentional, and it's a lot of hand work, but i really like where I've gotten it to.

If I was trying to mass produce them.... hell no...

I'm a visual artist first, but non-functional art just isn't my thing.

Nice etch- it's rad how you've got the sharp lines for the raven and the blurred stuff in the background.
I've switched to etching with lye. WAYYYYYYYY easier than acid... and easy to hold those tiny details. I kinda miss the deep etch look I was getting with acid etching, but I don't miss completely losing my labels in the process.

Great etch with the LEVEL in the craw of Huginn.
The Black-Glue looks like it's working great and I'm Totally Diggin' the switch wiring!

If I were to build this, I'd have to place the PCB lower in the enclosure and let the switch, VOL and DRIVE hold the PCB, then offboard wire the TRIM and TONE above the whole shebang for top-mount jacks.

Side-jacks, for me...
Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.”

Great etch with the LEVEL in the craw of Huginn.
The Black-Glue looks like it's working great and I'm Totally Diggin' the switch wiring!

If I were to build this, I'd have to place the PCB lower in the enclosure and let the switch, VOL and DRIVE hold the PCB, then offboard wire the TRIM and TONE above the whole shebang for top-mount jacks.

Side-jacks, for me...
Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.”
First of all... major props for the poetic delivery... well done.... Absolutely love your witty repartee... keeps me coming back for more...

Level in the craw was a bit of a happy accident, but I did spend some time getting that right...

Whomever it was who prompted me to put a border on my graphics deserves a thumbs up... that is working great.

but... I'm not so caught up in the "gotta be top mounted" thing anymore. it just doesn't matter to me that much and soooo much more room for marbles down low where the really rock...

I like the lights to be close to the switch.

The black hot glue is very convenient, but it sets in seconds which has its pluses and minuses. It is frightfully easy to accidentally break the glue-to-enclosure bond, but it is super easy to re-set as well.

That's why I put "for me"; your build is fantastic, built for you, not for me.

My builds aren't quite ready for public showing, but I'm hoping to get there soon.

Oh, and I too like lights close to the switch.

Back