Doxie build

DailyDovetails

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This pedal is pretty awesome does a good job at the fender sound. Comparing it to my Particle Accelerator which is similarly voiced. I think the particle accelerator does a better job at doing the kind of pristine slightly compressed smooth fender sound. That being said I think the Doxie might be more versatile. It has more gain available than the pa(mine is a 12at7 tube). Its sounds is a little more edgy and raw and with the gain up can do an overdriven voice that the pa can’t. That said I like them both and am happy with either as a clean base tone.

The artwork on this is based on a drawing I did after watching whales feeding in Monterey. I proposed to my fiancé on that same trip so it has some good memories for me.

1708039552794.jpeg
1708039566459.jpeg
1708039580645.jpeg

+1000 experience points for the plastic washer, elegantly located on the outside of the enclosure.

This artwork is really interesting.

You have been promoted to Lvl. 2, congratulations !

+1000 experience points for the plastic washer, elegantly located on the outside of the enclosure.
lol I normally print those to color match except on the white enclosure because the ones that come with the switch are better than what I can make. Washers come in all shapes, sizes and colors and are all beautiful in their own way.

Sweet whale!

Guts have been looking really nice lately too with the copper! I’d wondered about shielding with those printed enclosures. Did you have something that was unacceptably noisy?

Sweet whale!

Guts have been looking really nice lately too with the copper! I’d wondered about shielding with those printed enclosures. Did you have something that was unacceptably noisy?
Thank you! I have been working on bringing the quality of my builds up.

For the noise mostly no, but there have been a few combinations where it can be a little irritating. I don't honestly mind a little noise with say a BMP or rat by itself but I'm getting some longer chains now that I have more pedals and when you add the noise and then it modulates and reverberates it has started to bother me sometimes. The Fuzz Aldrin I did recently was surprisingly noisy to the point of being almost unusable before it was shielded.

The shielding has always been in my mind for these but as these are kind of a creative outlet for me I have just followed where my interests take me. Now that I have a fast process that works well I imagine I will do it to all of them moving forward.

Back