Increasing Reverb in Belton Brick Sproing Reverb pedal

ChrsGuit

Just finished building the Sproing Reverb pedal.
One glaring "problem" is that I don't seem to be getting much Reverb unless I'm cranking the knob all the way...
Now, I don't expect it to have the same sound as an old Fender amp Reverb, but I'm just curious if there are any incremental adjustments I can make to get a bit more Reverb out of it.
I installed the specified Long Decay BTDR-2H Belton Brick.

I was curious if perhaps swapping the pot from a A10k to a B10k would give a more desired sweep... or if I could simply increase the pot value a bit to get a bit more Fender Amp-like" Reverb performance...
I'm not exactly going for spacey shoegaze territory, but this is being built to add a decent Reverb to a non-Reverb 1965 Fender Showman amp.

Any suggestions as to how I can get just about 20% more or so out of it and without any adverse effects. I'm still leaning towards a B taper pot vs Audio, so I can noticeably bring the Reverb in sooner...

I had asked once upon a time if the Belton gave more reverb than an fv-1 because I didn’t think it had enough. And the answer I was giving is neither really does.

I have all the parts and just need to get around to putting it together the scientific guitarist riptide reverb. It uses one of the accitronics tanks. The little blue ones.

Not sure if that might be a bit more of a sound you are going for. I think I still have a couple boards laying around.

I had asked once upon a time if the Belton gave more reverb than an fv-1 because I didn’t think it had enough. And the answer I was giving is neither really does.

I have all the parts and just need to get around to putting it together the scientific guitarist riptide reverb. It uses one of the accitronics tanks. The little blue ones.

Not sure if that might be a bit more of a sound you are going for. I think I still have a couple boards laying around.
I have already built another Belton Brick Reverb, the Gravitation, and it's perfectly adequate and more... but it has a bit more features than I need out if this.
Basically it's going to be a simple one knob Reverb for some friends vintage Showmans, Bandmasters, and other non-reverb amps that I'm trying to make into a simple approximation of an actual amp Reverb... something he can just set on his amp and use as if the amp has built-in Reverb.

I know the Belton Brick is capable. I've also built some FV1 circuits that are quite good, but once again, kinda overkill for what I'm going for... I like the low part count and simplicity of the Sproing/Going circuit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240127_082514_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240127_082514_Gallery.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 5
Just built this circuit. Pretty cool reverb!
Iafter playing it a bit I do wish I would have juat built it on the bread board and tried some different things.
Whay exactly does changing R8 do?
Is the a good reference article anyone could point me to?
Could be fun to play around with.
Thanks
~Gator

Back