Informant - non functional, seeking help

Hey all, first time poster here. This is the first ground-up build I've done so there have been some missteps along the way to where I am now. Mainly my first attempt at drilling caused my pot holes to be off enough where I had to wire the pot lugs directly into the PCB, which is fine but just a pain in the ass. Additionally I drilled a hole for a different LED I was planning on adding and found that it would not all fit in the enclosure in that arrangement so I removed that LED and will just settle for not having one at the moment until I get this working and then I'll assess. So the pcb is kind floating around on top of the pots, but I put electrical tape on the backs of them to prevent shorts.

So when I'm plugged in and powered the pedal functions in bypass, when engaged there is a hissing sound so there must be a grounding issue somewhere. Additionally when engaged and hissing, if I twist the knobs I can hear them manipulating the hiss, so it is working in some capacity. I tested for continuity and there is continuity.

I will post my voltage readings for the ICs which are among the most absurd I've ever seen (which leads me to some pretty fearful conclusions about maybe I sourced all the wrong parts or something) and some pictures. I am still learning so any and all help would be much appreciated. I am in need.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for the help. Forums are always awesome.

IC1
1. .05
2. .03
3. 0
4. 0
5. 0
6. 0
7. 0
8. 0

IC2
1. .01
2. .01
3. 0
4. 0
5. 0
6. .01
7. .01
8. 0

IC100
1. .01
2. -.05 (wut...)
3. 0
4. 0
5. -.02 (bad)
6. 0
7. 0
8. 0

Attachments

• IMG_7238.jpg
    IMG_7238.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7239.jpg
    IMG_7239.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7241.jpg
    IMG_7241.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
It looks like you power wire is on the battery lug, not the +9V lug. When you plug in you will open the internal switch and no power to board. Move the red wire on DC jack from inside lug to outside lug. Then plug in and recheck ICs for voltage

DC-Jack.png

Back