Isolated Power Supply

This would be awesome. I like the idea of a modular power supply ala the gig rig or strymon. Ever since I found this website my pedalboard has gotten significantly larger and their are many project still planned. So having another power supply would be great.

i think the only problem on it is the toroidal multi transformer to put in the smallest enclosure possible. It would be cool to have some multi voltage outputs like 9v/12v 12v/18v and 500ma each output

+1 for toroidal transformers. I'd like to have a PS with a big ol' transformer on it (pref toroidal, but and EI would still totally do it for me). I'm sure it's part of the aforementioned existing design but multiple voltages would certainly be appreciated.

I agree on the multi voltage/high current outputs, and I know toroidal transformers are much slimmer. Not being a very technical guy, can the slimmer enclosure be achieved if the transformer was "outboard" via some sort of AC adapter? Just curious.

That would need to be a pretty massive wall wart. Also, I'd prefer seeing the transformer mounted on the exterior of the case, like a tube amp. It just gives a really burly feel.

Reactions: Rob
Using an external transformer will be need to use multiple inputs, remember that those transformers are like many in the same coil. That is the reaso why the really isolated power sopply (not the little one from mooer) are with internal transformer

Hump de Bump...

This needs taken off the back burner and the flame under it turned up.

However ... World shortages in ICs, Bikes, and what not... I can understand why this may be relegated to stewing on the back of the PedalPCB development stove — I can still dream a suitable reliable source for one of the parts might be found.

Back