IMG_6928.JPG
    493 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6930.jpg
    IMG_6930.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6931.JPG
    IMG_6931.JPG
    382.7 KB · Views: 77
Ah ha! I think there is a bridge between pad 5 & 7 on the top of the PCB.

I replaced the footswitch earlier in this thread because the original problem was there was no sound in bypass, which was fixed when the switch was replaced.

Yeah, there is continuity between pin 5 and pin 7 on the footswitch in both bypass and on position. Normally, there shouldn't ever be continuity between those pins?

I would say yes as you have Ground on your iN & OUT jacks & Power on the PCB.
What it will effect is turning on your LED & Bleeding when your in Bypass.
Is there Continuity between Pin 5 & 7 now?, Power unplugged.

I would say yes as you have Ground on your iN & OUT jacks & Power on the PCB.
What i will effect is turning on your LED & Bleeding when your in Bypass.
Oh I see. Also, when I removed the wire form pad 5, I was able to clear out the solder bridge that wad there between the 5 & 7 pad.
Ok. I will solder the wire back in - carefully - and hopefully this is done!

So yeah, looks like everything is working as expected. On the Klon side, as I was twisting the knobs, with the gain up high when there was a forceful strum, there was some crackle / farting out but I pressed the diodes firmly in and that seems to have stopped. Sound right?

So yeah, looks like everything is working as expected. On the Klon side, as I was twisting the knobs, with the gain up high when there was a forceful strum, there was some crackle / farting out but I pressed the diodes firmly in and that seems to have stopped. Sound right?
That or your dual Gang is an issue, Is that going to line up with the standard Hole pattern???

I picture you both drenched in sweat, unshaven, close to running off into the wilderness … this an EPIC troubleshoot! I am seriously impressed!
Completely epic! At least for me.

Thank you all who contributed to this thread with help! Seriously. Especially @music6000, who seems like his life was put on hold :)
I sure learned a lot in this process that I didn't know before, so thanks for being patient and taking the time to chime in.

Last edited:
people-celebrating-a-victory-holding-a-championship-cup-happy.jpg

Back