Lectric fx Altered State Phaser

Synchrony Pedalworks

Build Rating
3.00 star(s)
I know that @Fingolfen and @DGWVI both posted some great reports, so I won't duplicate their information. However, I will share my trials with this pedal, and hopefully, it will help others (if they make the same mistakes)....

This pedal was more difficult that others. Some of the issues were my own doing, but other issues were out of my control. First, I created a nice solder bridge and didn't notice it. When looking for the issue, I was doing measurements and noticed that my 12 V regulators were not measuring -12 V. (Too note, the solder bridge was not effecting the voltage regulators). It is important to note that I substituted a L7912CV for the LM7912. My father who is a EE said that the substitution should work. I fixed the solder bridge and the pedal worked, but it didn't sound perfect (like @DGWVI 's nice video). I did some more troubleshooting and thought that the L7912CV was the problem. I ordered the right voltage regulators (replaced the LM7812 regulator too) and the pedal worked as expected. I then created another issue by replacing Q8 with a genuine 2N5485, so that I could save the 2N5475 that I originally used. However, as luck would have it, I lifted a pad. Next, I had to create a jumper to connect transistor to the appropriate areas. To may the folly worse, I broke several wires from the footswitch. After all is said and done, the pedal sounds nice. I am still working on dialing the trimmers, but I think I found a sweet spot for me.

I did include the Vibe option and like it. I find that it produces a sound similar to the Viib pedal. The pedal doesn't seem to like my Tonebender (Ge) variant behind it, but will play well in front of it. The other pedals seem to play well with it.

IMG_5703.jpeg IMG_5705.jpeg IMG_5704.jpeg

I know that @Fingolfen and @DGWVI both posted some great reports, so I won't duplicate their information. However, I will share my trials with this pedal, and hopefully, it will help others (if they make the same mistakes)....

This pedal was more difficult that others. Some of the issues were my own doing, but other issues were out of my control. First, I created a nice solder bridge and didn't notice it. When looking for the issue, I was doing measurements and noticed that my 12 V regulators were not measuring -12 V. (Too note, the solder bridge was not effecting the voltage regulators). It is important to note that I substituted a L7912CV for the LM7912. My father who is a EE said that the substitution should work. I fixed the solder bridge and the pedal worked, but it didn't sound perfect (like @DGWVI 's nice video). I did some more troubleshooting and thought that the L7912CV was the problem. I ordered the right voltage regulators (replaced the LM7812 regulator too) and the pedal worked as expected. I then created another issue by replacing Q8 with a genuine 2N5485, so that I could save the 2N5475 that I originally used. However, as luck would have it, I lifted a pad. Next, I had to create a jumper to connect transistor to the appropriate areas. To may the folly worse, I broke several wires from the footswitch. After all is said and done, the pedal sounds nice. I am still working on dialing the trimmers, but I think I found a sweet spot for me.

I did include the Vibe option and like it. I find that it produces a sound similar to the Viib pedal. The pedal doesn't seem to like my Tonebender (Ge) variant behind it, but will play well in front of it. The other pedals seem to play well with it.

View attachment 66400View attachment 66401View attachment 66402
I love that artwork! It reminds me of old maestro effects pedals or old mu-tron stuff. Killer build report!

Back