LED polarity

I've screwed this up several times assuming that the square pad is "always" ground... (hint,,, It's not)

I always forgot which one was the anode and cathode until i came up with a way to remember it. Cathode makes me think of cats. I am personally not a big fan of cats (dog person) so the cathode is always the short leg of the led. Haven't put an led in wrong since, lol.

Lysdexia is one of the crosses I bear. As a result, I have to use a meter 98% of the time to know which leg of an LED is there anode and which is the cathode.
The struggle real. 🤯

Every LED I install I say to myself Long Leg in the A-hole, I must have developed that from hearing Buddy's.

Ok, so thanks to @BuddytheReow, I'll never forget which leg of the LED goes in the A hole, but I'm wondering if anybody has a trick to remember which leg of the DC power jack is positive and which one is switched for the battery connection -- I have to look that one up every time.

I'm wondering if anybody has a trick to remember which leg of the DC power jack is positive and which one is switched for the battery connection
I always start by the center pin, the big bent tab going down (the flat side is horizontal. That one is your negative. Then going up, you will have the one that is at he left that is your positive and the top one is the switch.

Here is a nice clear picture I found, just not oriented the way I look at it.
Edit: so this way would go left to right instead of bottom up.
dj-bat.jpg

Ok, so thanks to @BuddytheReow, I'll never forget which leg of the LED goes in the A hole, but I'm wondering if anybody has a trick to remember which leg of the DC power jack is positive and which one is switched for the battery connection -- I have to look that one up every time.

Admittedly not quite as memorable as sticking it in your A hole, but the battery + is on top, like coppertop batteries. :ROFLMAO:

1711285844182.png

Back