Pedal effect turns off when 3PDT switch is inserted all the way into case

y2kornfreak

not sure how to phrase this, but my leprechaun rainbow machine pedal works just fine without the backing screwed but when I screw everything in, I get a dry signal and a high squealing sound. Took the backing out and tried messing around with switches and pots and noticed it did it again when the 3PDT switch for the bypass is pressed all the way to the case. I figured it might be a grounding issue, but I’m using a regular breakout board and all the wires are in their right place. Am I doing something wrong or missing something?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 13
Update: I’ve noticed the effect goes dry when the middle pot is screwed in all the way and when I loose to turn the effect is on, the 3PDT turns it off when it’s screwed on. Also when the middle pot is loose, if I push it in a little, the pedal completely turns off

No I haven’t… this is the first pedal I’m making and wasn’t aware I was supposed to have them. I just googled what you’re talking about and found out about dust covers. Is there anything else like it that I should get?

No I haven’t… this is the first pedal I’m making and wasn’t aware I was supposed to have them. I just googled what you’re talking about and found out about dust covers. Is there anything else like it that I should get?
you can put thin cardboard between the pot and board or stiff plastic cut from a disposable food container. electrical tape alone is not reliable since sharp points of solder push right through the tape

i was able to find a bulk of 30 covers on eBay and also was able to fix it temporarily with 3 layers of electrical tape for now. Thank you for helping to both of you! Here’s to hoping the electrical tape will be easy to wipe off by the time the package gets here

Back