Loafing Lounge

fig

Village Idiot
Show off those beautiful breadboard builds!

BuggFX Raincoat - I love this circuit!

TWx6mZQ.jpg

Last edited:
This was from a while ago. Clark Gainster. I really need to start developing a neatness strategy, and making a breakout board to handle the potentiometers. Apparently this direct-to-breadboard idea isn't smart. I also ordered some proper jumper wires since then.

213811194_864173080898274_3507197147266811071_n.jpg

This was from a while ago. Clark Gainster. I really need to start developing a neatness strategy, and making a breakout board to handle the potentiometers. Apparently this direct-to-breadboard idea isn't smart. I also ordered some proper jumper wires since then.

View attachment 15298
@fig had a great idea that I used here. A daughterboard for all your pots, but will take up more workstation real estate. You'll also need male/female jumpers for that.

Great looking build!

That's exactly what I was thinking of @BuddytheReow. I had purchased these green clamp things (shut up, I was a mechanical engineer not electrical) in preparation for a Protoboard. I guess I can use them up and order more. Definitely a good part to have on hand, just like pin headers.

I’ll grab a pic in a while, but I spent part of the day breadboarding something called the Bazz Fuss. Stumbled up. I stumbled upon the schematic this morning. It’s basically an 2 capacitor, a resistor, a transistor, and a diode. It’s easily modifiable too. I added a tone control, gain control, and master volume. Then I added a second gain stage; I basically added a second circuit onto the first, sans the input cap. Sounds thick and crazy. Now I have to figure out how to use the fuzz control to control both transistors…
F239CF56-1DBC-4534-A86D-F96A66DE846D.jpeg
Edit for photo.

Last edited:
Two Sticks of Derm with a BMP/LPB-1 block to output. I removed the last EQ filter right before output and swapped the tone stack. Crank the tone clockwise and it's still pretty doom-y, but with a little bit of bite. Worked on some electric wizard riffs with this (although that's the FZ1 if not mistaken). Still pretty good though

Attachments

• 20210827_190822.jpg
    20210827_190822.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
I finished, now now, my aforementioned fuzz experiment. It’s based on the Bazz Fuss, with tone, master volume, and gain controls. The gain control blends the two stages.I can try to draw it up, if anyone is interested…

I finished, now now, my aforementioned fuzz experiment. It’s based on the Bazz Fuss, with tone, master volume, and gain controls. The gain control blends the two stages.I can try to draw it up, if anyone is interested…
Please do if you have the time. CAD can be a pain sometimes

Here's a PedalPCB original. The Acid Rain Fuzz. I chose this one since the schematic has literally 3 identical booster stages before the tone section so you can literally hear the difference in sound after each stage.
1630324510238.png

1630324537564.png

I did my best. It looks a mess, but I'm 99% sure it'll work...View attachment 15447
Any transistor recommendations? Also, what made you alter the second collector to 560k? What kind of diodes did you like?

Sorry, also trying to wrap my head around the tone stack too. How does that work?

I'll definitely give this a whirl shortly. Thanks for sharing!!!

Reactions: fig
Any transistor recommendations? Also, what made you alter the second collector to 560k? What kind of diodes did you like?

Sorry, also trying to wrap my head around the tone stack too. How does that work?

I'll definitely give this a whirl shortly. Thanks for sharing!!!
All useful information that I forgot to add. Q1 (on the left) is a 5089. Q2 is a BC109C. The 560k resistor was to get Q2 to -4.5...I think. I have to fire it back up and double-check the voltage. The tone control just blends between high and low cuts. Diodes I used are 4148. I popped a few other things in (some GE...which didnt really work well, an LED...which didnt have much effect), but the 4148's worked best.

Back