Loafing Lounge

I really need to start developing a neatness strategy...
Neatness is overrated.

5 breadboards.jpg

Top Left: Voltage-controlled sinewave LFO. Intended for a UniVibe with an external speed pedal, OR the ability to hit a switch and gradually sweep from one speed to another à la Leslie.

Top Center: Servo Fuzz Face

Top Right: Modified FSH-1. The random control is generated digitally. Extra knobs include manual tuning and sweep range.

Bottom Left: Left side: FireDrake. Right side: The HOE (CMOS Overdrive Deluxe).

Bottom Right: Suburban Maniac (modified Subdecay Variac).

Last edited:
Thanks fig! It took a bit of trial and error to find a setup that worked for me, but I prefer the all-in-one platform because I use the same desk for work. Being able to move the whole thing without disconnecting everything makes it much easier to pick up where I left off. The biggest challenge was bending and drilling the steel or zinc or whatever all the jacks are mounted in. Defo destroyed a step bit on that.

I did try a large hammond-style enclosure with spring terminals & a breadboard inside, but I didn't like having to flip the whole thing over to get to knobs vs. the board.

One size, fits all!

ThhJj2L.jpg

I did my best. It looks a mess, but I'm 99% sure it'll work...View attachment 15447
@Coda , I whipped this up today using your instructions (I used 2n5089 and 2n3904) and, I've gotta say, this thing is pretty rad! I've seen the Bazz Fuss from runoffgroove and built it. THIS puts 2 of them together and blends them. IMO, this really shines with downed tuning guitars for some doooooooom. The other breadboards in my pics have the gyrator which I'm asking everyone here in a separate thread to help, but this is a very simple and effective circuit. Great job!!!!

EDIT: It was really noisy for me using the bare circuit posted. I threw a 100uf cap in the power rails and cleaned a lot of it up, but not 100% not sure if it's the circuit or my breadboard (it's my "bad" one).

EDIT2: As a +1 I would add a tone control of some kind right before the volume pot. Perhaps a Big Muff variant? I threw my stripboard build of one on there and was pleased.

1630525439548.png
1630525479177.png
1630525506807.png

Last edited:
@Coda , I whipped this up today using your instructions (I used 2n5089 and 2n3904) and, I've gotta say, this thing is pretty rad! I've seen the Bazz Fuss from runoffgroove and built it. THIS puts 2 of them together and blends them. IMO, this really shines with downed tuning guitars for some doooooooom. The other breadboards in my pics have the gyrator which I'm asking everyone here in a separate thread to help, but this is a very simple and effective circuit. Great job!!!!

EDIT: It was really noisy for me using the bare circuit posted. I threw a 100uf cap in the power rails and cleaned a lot of it up, but not 100% not sure if it's the circuit or my breadboard (it's my "bad" one).

EDIT2: As a +1 I would add a tone control of some kind right before the volume pot. Perhaps a Big Muff variant? I threw my stripboard build of one on there and was pleased.

View attachment 15601
View attachment 15602
View attachment 15603
Glad to see it worked for someone else. My first schematic passed the test.

Reactions: fig

View attachment 15601
View attachment 15602
View attachment 15603
I’ll have to try a 3904 in mine. I’ll also try the big muff tone stack, though I think I’ll put more mids in. Did you elimate the tone control t the input? Or did you run both?

I’ll have to try a 3904 in mine. I’ll also try the big muff tone stack, though I think I’ll put more mids in. Did you elimate the tone control t the input? Or did you run both?
I kept both in. Yours acts as a pre-gain/clipping EQ and the other is post clipping. The post is more dramatic, but the pre tweaks it just a bit more.

View attachment 15601
View attachment 15602
View attachment 15603
I just auditioned a few Muff tone stacks. Worked pretty well…but a little too muffish for me. I ended up taking it out. I did, however, replace the A100k with a B100k for my input control. I much prefer it.
While I was experimenting, I tossed a pair of GD859 diodes in place of the 4148’s. Very splatty. I think I prefer the Si. I think this one is nearly finished. Now to learn how to use perfboard…

Back