LoFinator missing mode switch

photon

I was curious about the omission of the Mode switch on the LoFinator. On the original there’s a switch to select between guitar, drums, & mic.
I’m not a guitarist and I’d be building this for studio use with synths, drum machines, vocals, etc. so it would be useful to have the switch.

I’m curious why it was left out and how difficult it would be for me to include it. I had a quick look at the original Ibanez schematic, and it seems needlessly complex, but I believe thats because that line of pedals used multiple pcbs per unit. I’ll spend some more time with the schematic, but was wondering if anyones already given this some thought.
Thanks!

At the time it was omitted to simplify the layout since the project was primarily intended for guitar.

I'm planning to rework the PCB after I retrace an original since some of those old Ibanez factory schematics have been known to contain errors.

I was curious about the omission of the Mode switch on the LoFinator. On the original there’s a switch to select between guitar, drums, & mic.
I’m not a guitarist and I’d be building this for studio use with synths, drum machines, vocals, etc. so it would be useful to have the switch.

I’m curious why it was left out and how difficult it would be for me to include it. I had a quick look at the original Ibanez schematic, and it seems needlessly complex, but I believe thats because that line of pedals used multiple pcbs per unit. I’ll spend some more time with the schematic, but was wondering if anyones already given this some thought.
Thanks!
Off topic, kinda. But maybe check out the pigtronix keymaster or the (tc?) mixing link.
Love my keymaster. Great creative tool. Can be had for ~$100-125 on reverb if you are patient.

Back