Love Yourself In Every Way ...

Fuzzonaut

... is the name of a PCB by Moonn Electronics. It's one of his "let's put a metric ton of options on this"-circuits.
There is one that does it to the Fuzz Face, this one is a Bazz Fuss - as a starting point.

Besides GAIN and LOUD we have:
- 4-way rotary AMP for the transistor stage: Silicion, Darlington, SI/GE, Mosfet (with bias trimpot)
- 8-way rotary CLIP for clipping: 1xSI, 1xGE, Mosfet, LED, SI/LED; GE asym, 3xSI asym, 4xSI asym
- 3-way switch BIAS
- 3-way switch BASS (input cap)
- 2-way switch FILTR (filter caps to ground)
- 2-way switch FUZZ (resitance in parallel with clipping diodes, tuned by the 2 trimmers on the left)

It's a fun pedal. Graphics are from a Melvins gig poster.

BFDLX.jpeg BFDLX-g.jpeg

Now go and listen to the MELVINS!!!!

... is the name of a PCB by Moonn Electronics. It's one of his "let's put a metric ton of options on this"-circuits.
There is one that does it to the Fuzz Face, this one is a Bazz Fuss - as a starting point.

- 4-way rotary AMP for the transistor stage: Silicion, Darlington, SI/GE, Mosfet (with bias trimpot)
- 8-way rotary CLIP for clipping: 1xSI, 1xGE, Mosfet, LED, SI/LED; GE asym, 3xSI asym, 4xSI asym
- 3-way switch BIAS
- 2-way switch FUZZ (resitance in parallel with clipping diodes, tuned by the 2 trimmers on the left)

View attachment 32478View attachment 32479

I threw together the multi face a while back but I still reach for the sandspur when I want to get facey. This one looks more fun though.

I keep meaning to get the surprise grab bag, this incredible build may be what pushes me over the edge.

Alas, it's like playing. Just 'cause you've got "pedal-X" doesn't mean you'll sound as good as the guitar-hero who inspired you to buy the pedal;
I'm sure if I get this Moonn PCB, my build will still look like one of my usual builds and not as good as this.

- 3-way switch BIAS

View attachment 32478View attachment 32479

1. Awesome build.
2. Melvins rule, honey bucket still best driving song ever.
3. Whoa Moonn makes a ton of PCBs and they are inexpensive. I might be in trouble.
4. Awesome build. Can we hear it?

Just noticed you socketed all the goodies. Even with all those options you left it open to even more options. It would be cool to know after you’ve explored it what you land on for your faves.

I have had a bunch from Moonn and never been disappointed. Some of the noise stuff isn't my scene, even if it makes my furry parts tingle.

The Drömtydning is particularly tasty.

Love the graphics on this one, the way the blood pools to the LED.. :D

Oh, thanks everybody for the kind words.

1. Awesome build.
2. Melvins rule, honey bucket still best driving song ever.
3. Whoa Moonn makes a ton of PCBs and they are inexpensive. I might be in trouble.
4. Awesome build. Can we hear it?
I can also recommend Moonn, his Death by Audio stuff, as mentioned, but also Frantone dirt.

As for this build, yeah, plenty of sockets. I just put in whatever seemed to be cool on paper, but haven't really put it through its paces yet.
I'll try to record a short loop, going through some of the options and post it here.
Maybe I'll even remember to post what trannies/diodes I settled for ... ;)

I think the first time I saw the Melvins was on their Houdini Tour, maybe '94 or '95?
I've been hooked ever since and hardly miss a show, if they pass through.

Can we hear it?
Here you go, pretty rough, just a loop, I'm going through the 4 tranistor options - and change clipping and flip switches without any plan.

Recorded with a mic in front of the amp, you can here me announcing the tranistor switch, it's more or less:
2N5088 to start with
MPSA13 from around 1:20
2N5088 / MPSA25A from around 2:20
BS170 from around 2:50

Clipping is:
- 1x D311
- 1x 2D522
- 2x BS170
- 2x LED blue
- 2x 4148 / 1x LED red
- 3x AAZ23
- 4x 914
- 3x 2D522B

Here you go, pretty rough, just a loop, I'm going through the 4 tranistor options - and change clipping and flip switches without any plan.

Recorded with a mic in front of the amp, you can here me announcing the tranistor switch, it's more or less:
2N5088 to start with
MPSA13 from around 1:20
2N5088 / MPSA25A from around 2:20
BS170 from around 2:50

Clipping is:
- 1x D311
- 1x 2D522
- 2x BS170
- 2x LED blue
- 2x 4148 / 1x LED red
- 3x AAZ23
- 4x 914