low amount of reverb

ZaCormyr

Heya,

So I've built the spirit box. Had to replace C2 since I accidently bought a non polarized cap. With original C2 cap there was feedback and oscillation. Now I have a signal with reverb, pots work but there is very little reverb available. Depth pot is a b2k. Is it possible using a non polarized cap on C2 messed with the belton brick? Not sure how I can have such a low amount of reverb. Not talking volume, reverb itself. Anyone? Thanks to those that help this noob

C2 wouldn't affect just the wet signal. If you haven't lost overall volume there is something else at fault.

BTW using a non-polarized cap for C2 is not a problem.

Heya,

So I've built the spirit box. Had to replace C2 since I accidently bought a non polarized cap. With original C2 cap there was feedback and oscillation. Now I have a signal with reverb, pots work but there is very little reverb available. Depth pot is a b2k. Is it possible using a non polarized cap on C2 messed with the belton brick? Not sure how I can have such a low amount of reverb. Not talking volume, reverb itself. Anyone? Thanks to those that help this noob
Is R6 470 Ohm or accidently 470K ?
Here is a Resistor Calculator to check your Resistors
Click on Bands for 5 Colours:

C2 wouldn't affect just the wet signal. If you haven't lost overall volume there is something else at fault.

BTW using a non-polarized cap for C2 is not a problem.

From what I understood using a non polarized cap wouldn't matter but then I'm new to this stuff.

Is R6 470 Ohm or accidently 470K ?
Here is a Resistor Calculator to check your Resistors
Click on Bands for 5 Colours:

Wouldn't R6 affect wet and dry signal?

Thanks guys! After work I'll be getting back inside the pedal. I'll have a look at resistor values and the pots just to make sure. I'll have a gander with the audio probe.

Would this type of pot be an issue? POT 2K OHM 1/5W PLASTIC LINEAR. It's a P160KNP-0EC15B2K from digikey. Would the Kierros Conductive Plastic be an issue?

Well I've checked all the resistors and they're fine. I swapped r4 for a 18k which I've read helps with unity volume. I found one of my cables needs work. Did some reflowing. Checked the signal path with an audio tester, foolishly starting at the belton brick thinking something was wrong with it. But finally started at the input and I think ic1 is garbage. Seems like too much output with nasty hum and I think it's causing belton brick to feedback and oscillate if depth is cranked (yes that pot is b2k). I learn the hard way generally and this build is no different. I didn't use sockets. So I've got one hole left on ic1 which I can't seem to desolder completely, even after cutting ic1 out so I could get at the pin holes better. Seems these tl072's are hit and miss since I had to replace one recently on a 27v boost build. Got one possible good one left to put in, after soldering in a socket... but only after clearing that dang hole! Another day...

Back