DEMO Low Tide Mini

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This wacky but subtle not-a-chorus thing designed by Fairfield. Sold the last one I built myself to save me from building another for a commission. Anyway, a new commission came up and decided I deserve one too

No mods or tweaks to either of these, but I do have a few things planned for the fullsize version on my bench.

I need to open mine again, and reset the BBD clock. Not sure what I was doing, but it's basically acting like a tape warped overdrive, which is cool, but not what I'm going for, so the vid only features one of em. Might make a fancy series parallel vid if I can before it ships

Not the simplest build due to the stacked pcbs. In fact I snapped all the header pins on mine when I first attempted to box it. No terribly hard to source parts, and it does something special, so I recommend it for those of you who desire wibbles and warbles
1d25bb61-03fc-4dd6-91af-8df383a2852bphoto.jpeg c5509f2d-63ed-48ca-ba11-7ae77f40156ephoto.jpeg
a2cd406a-9b9f-415c-8c81-4aee89666053photo.jpeg received_1149373065616020.jpeg

Last edited:
What mods/tweaks are you planning to do? Not sure if this is feasible, but it would be cool to have the option for other LFO types besides random (triangle, sine, square).

Is every cap in this build tantalum? I thought tantalum was polar and not suitable for replacing in some cases.
How do you know which orientation to use in some of these cases and is it not an issue? Is there an advantage in this build?

Is every cap in this build tantalum? I thought tantalum was polar and not suitable for replacing in some cases.
How do you know which orientation to use in some of these cases and is it not an issue? Is there an advantage in this build?
The electrolytics are all tantalum, the film caps were all replaced with MLCCs

Back