MadBean Tone Virus (Data Corrupter)

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
It's been a minute since I built any wackier PLL circuits, and I drilled this box out months ago for a commission that changed direction, so here's a Tone Virus.

I increased C3 to 33n, and added a 15n cap between R8 and ground for more reliable tracking on the bridge pickup. increased R19 to 10k. 100kA used for all level controls so they could have a bit more usable range before ear splitting

Lag replaces R10 with a 10k pot. Tone connects a cap/ pot from the junction of R19 and C13 to ground (Wave Shape on the Schumann PLL)

Still not a huge fan of the harmonizer-type Schumann-esque PLLs, but this can definitely cop some cool tones. My roommate says I can't use this pedal when she's home, so no demo (for now)

1000020078.jpg 1000020065.jpg

Fairly straightforward build, easy to source parts, gets nasty. Recommend it simply for being a kind easy bake take on the Schumann (which in also not a huge fan of)

Last edited:
That came out nice. Very clean. I see you have a few extra knobs there. We talked about the lag in another thread what does your tone knobs do?

Back