MBP Tourbus (Deluxe Memory Man)

Looking good there! Some builds are like rollercoasters, you wait in line staring at that first hill getting all nervous, but then you get in, hang on for dear life, and then it’s over and you can look back and say, “that wasn’t too bad, actually a lot of fun!”. So now that you have the thrill of your first double decker build under your belt, time for the VIIB, Sagan Delay, and Aion Blue Shift (I see you have the Byzantium already).

I was missing a couple parts and kind of forgot about this. You inspired me to pick it up, again. I'm going on a 10 day trip so I'll probably have to wait til I get back. I'm going to try BettyWont's method of tuning the gain trimpots. They pissed me off when I built a Total Recall.

Looking good there! Some builds are like rollercoasters, you wait in line staring at that first hill getting all nervous, but then you get in, hang on for dear life, and then it’s over and you can look back and say, “that wasn’t too bad, actually a lot of fun!”. So now that you have the thrill of your first double decker build under your belt, time for the VIIB, Sagan Delay, and Aion Blue Shift (I see you have the Byzantium already).
Yah, I've been eying the BlueShift for a while. It looks like a pretty hairy build too. Not sure what to expect from the Byzantium but I'm actually leaning towards maybe an Electric Mistress variant. Thing is, I rarely use either chorus or flanger, but it's nice to have one when I need it hahaha. I'm in the middle of recording a pedal demo with a lot of guitar parts. Probably my most ambitious demo yet. The one sound I'm missing for a part is a flanger. But between the Phase II and the Tourbus I can get a reasonable facsimile for the part.

I was missing a couple parts and kind of forgot about this. You inspired me to pick it up, again. I'm going on a 10 day trip so I'll probably have to wait til I get back. I'm going to try BettyWont's method of tuning the gain trimpots. They pissed me off when I built a Total Recall.
I'm not sure if I just lucked out or what but I still haven't touched the trim pots. It just sounds so good, I can't imagine it sounding any better. I'm really seriously considering ordering a second board for a Dual Tourbus set up. But I may play around with running the Tourbus into my Dark Rift and see if I can get the sound I want. That's a darn nice delay as well. As is the Hydra, sigh so many choices, truly a first world problem hahah.

What a nice build. That enclosure looks like the glass top on my patio table. Great write up too, I enjoyed this build because it was stretched out over a few evenings and like you say...you really need to concentrate...so it was a great brain drain for me.

I was pretty much the same with the trim pots although I did put it on a scope and did very little tweaking. The balance is easier to see than hear and even then didn't make as much of a sonic difference as I thought it would. I had an original back in the late 70's that got stolen and it was really nice to fire this one up and spend hours soaking up memories of the old one. You mentioned the noise floor and this one is considerably quieter than I remember the old one being.

Hmmmm, I actually hadn't thought of building two in one enclosure....a 1590XX would probably do it. Hmmmmm.........

AFAIK the Clockwork is a single delay but stereo outputs, so I suppose you can get the modulation in stereo. I want two delays:)

Hmmmm, I actually hadn't thought of building two in one enclosure....a 1590XX would probably do it. Hmmmmm.........

AFAIK the Clockwork is a single delay but stereo outputs, so I suppose you can get the modulation in stereo. I want two delays:)
That should fit. I put a viib with a hydra in an xx. Stacked board wasn't an issue.

If you want a compact pedal that is capable of running 2 different delay lines into each other (caveat, you can’t run them as individual/selectable lines) and like a challenge, check out the VFE Mobius on MBP

I was looking at that board set the other day... I haven't decided to take the plunge yet, but it's nice to see one in action! :D

If you want a compact pedal that is capable of running 2 different delay lines into each other (caveat, you can’t run them as individual/selectable lines) and like a challenge, check out the VFE Mobius on MBP
I think the shortest route to what I want (and probably the most flexible) would be to build another Tourbus. But I'm not in any hurry to do another one....heh....

I think the shortest route to what I want (and probably the most flexible) would be to build another Tourbus. But I'm not in any hurry to do another one....heh....
Where did you source the MN3008 chips? I found them on SmallBear, but they are expensive and you need 4 of them.

Back