Attachments

• Front.png
    Front.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Rear.png
    Rear.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: EZS
I wish some gut shot of the actual pedal(s) show up. So, is the 4558 single or a stacked chip setup??
I guess could just try it and see the difference, but would like to know stock how Mike did it.
Funny, I was thinking "Mean Green Machine" was for the TS-9. The PedalPCB page actually shows it's for the 808! I though the 808 had a second set of LEDs or soemthing?!?
Again, would help if we had gut shots of both the TS-9 and 808 Fortin versions and SEE the differences. Anyone know if these were gooped or not?

Are we tracing a pedalpcb pcb? It's come full circle.

That's it, starting Nov 1 all PedalPCB boards will be gooped before shipping.

I wish some gut shot of the actual pedal(s) show up. So, is the 4558 single or a stacked chip setup??

I'll open it up and take some pics for you, it's really quite disturbing how sloppy the mod is.

No stacked ICs, they just swapped the four components on the board, changed the clipping diodes to LEDs, and then tacked the added 1N4148's and 220K resistor in "flying" fashion on the wire going to the Drive pot. They're just flopping around in there, very amateur-like.

And yes, consider your schematic confirmed. (y)

I think I used two 3mm clear (red) with a low current of only 1mA or 2mA. Not even 20mA like most common LEDs.
I'm not sure how amperage affects the clipping; everything I've read about diodes clipping is about forward-voltage.

Taken from a random web-search:

A "volt" is a unit of electric potential, also known as electromotive force, and represents "the potential difference between two points of a conducting wire carrying a constant current of 1 ampere.

Way-back-when I read that diffused had a different FV than clear, but that was debunked here:

I'm not sure how amperage affects the clipping; everything I've read about diodes clipping is about forward-voltage.

Taken from a random web-search:

A "volt" is a unit of electric potential, also known as electromotive force, and represents "the potential difference between two points of a conducting wire carrying a constant current of 1 ampere.

Way-back-when I read that diffused had a different FV than clear, but that was debunked here:

Interesting read.

I got those clear LEDs from mouser, spec'd 1mA with a forward voltage of 1.6v
Now truth be told when I switch it on, the LEDs don't light up not even a little bit. Bypass works fine, but as I said before, when it's switched on you can only hear the drive hissing as you max it (as if the guitar vol knob was rolled off completely)

I bought a bunch of 3mm diffused greens and reds earlier today, the guy said they're rated for running "3v through them like most LEDs" (his words, not mine) but they're chinesiums; we'll see tomorrow 🤞🏻

Back