Micro Bassman Build

12au7 in preamp and 12ax7/12ay7 in power.
Methinks you swapped those around. Per Robinette's design 12AY7 and half of a 12AX7 is preamp, 12AU7 is the power tube. 12AX7 doesn't make a great power tube.

12AU7 is rated per the datasheet for an absolute max 2.5W output, but I'm not sure the Hammond 125B is the best transformer to take full advantage of everything you can squeeze out of it. I mostly see amps like this labeled as everything from 1/4W to 1W, never higher.

Methinks you swapped those around. Per Robinette's design 12AY7 and half of a 12AX7 is preamp, 12AU7 is the power tube. 12AX7 doesn't make a great power tube.

12AU7 is rated per the datasheet for an absolute max 2.5W output, but I'm not sure the Hammond 125B is the best transformer to take full advantage of everything you can squeeze out of it. I mostly see amps like this labeled as everything from 1/4W to 1W, never higher.
Well, you are right about those tubes, my mistake, 12AU7 IS the power tube and the other two are preamp. I'll edit my post because they are in the right place, I've made sure about that.

Guess the OT would be what's keeping this at room volume then.

Well, you are right about those tubes, my mistake, 12AU7 IS the power tube and the other two are preamp. I'll edit my post because they are in the right place, I've made sure about that.

Guess the OT would be what's keeping this at room volume then.
@vigilante398 what would be an ot that could be used for a little higher wattage?

W O W !

That is a beautiful build. I love the color. I would absolutely buy one of these!

Reactions: Nic
I missed this when you first posted it. This is awesome. Purple is my favorite color, coincidentally.
Thank you !
Great job.

Makes me want to follow suit, and I have a transformer for it, IIRC. Gotta check if it's B or C, and check what it was originally earmarked for.
I still have some plans for this. I modded my rumble to be able to use it as an external speaker. I'm planning on playing with the bright cap and putting an NFB switch. I also want to check the voltages to see if everything checks out.

Back