Mojito versus Specialoid

How do you know that the Mojito is a Dumble style overdrive?? I can't see any info describing it anywhere...

I have an original Simble and planning on building the Symbolic from PCB. If it sounds as good as the original, I will sell it to fund 3 pedal projects. If it doesn't sound as good then I will kind of be SOL. It probably makes more sense to do the Shin's Dumbloid pcb since it is a much more expensive pedal. I just don't know if it is better since I've never seen one.

Mojito is a modifed Honey Beest, if you do a search for it there are several threads on it

Mojito is a modifed Honey Beest, if you do a search for it there are several threads on it
thank you. found it. Thank you, Chuck. ^^

How do you know that the Mojito is a Dumble style overdrive?? I can't see any info describing it anywhere...

I have an original Simble and planning on building the Symbolic from PCB. If it sounds as good as the original, I will sell it to fund 3 pedal projects. If it doesn't sound as good then I will kind of be SOL. It probably makes more sense to do the Shin's Dumbloid pcb since it is a much more expensive pedal. I just don't know if it is better since I've never seen one.
I, in my very limited noob state, was making assumptions of the circuit based on the fact it has transistors and ICs like the Specialoid, and I was curious about circuits that use both in their gain stages.

Last edited:
I, in my very limited noob state, was making assumptions of the circuit based on the fact it has transistors and ICs like the Specialoid, and I was curious about circuits that use both in their gain stages.

Ah no problems. There are at least 6 Dumble style ODs on pedalpcb. (I am probably missing one from this list.)

Abider OD (The Dude)
Special OD (Dumbloid),
Symbolic (Simble),
Mahayana (Zendrive)
Phoenix Ultra Drive (Vertex Ultraphonix)
Samadhi Drive(Dhyana)
Counterweight (Gaspedals Dumbbell)

Others are supposed to get into similar territory: Comprehensive Drive (String Slinger), Red Herring (Menatone Redsnapper), Wampler Euphoria, Tater Tot (Barber Electronics Small fry). Also some people claim Nobels ODR1 can sort of sound like a Dumbel. I had an ODR1 without the bass control and it is needed. Unfortunately the PCB here doesn't have the bass control either. That should give you lots of options to consider.

I just ordered a Symbolic pcb as an experiment to see how close it sounds to my original pedal. However, now that I look at the list, I should have tried something new! At the time I compared it against an Ethos, Zendrive and a few others. I've heard one complaint of the Simble is that some people find it a bit muddy with darker guitars. Hope that helps.

Back