[Moonn] Good Vibes

szukalski

As I ascend my journey towards mediocre pedal building, I present thee with a Moonn Good Vibes.

Not a high part count but an enjoyable pedal. Simple yet sweet.

Playing around with the Posca pens a bit more, it looks much nicer on the floor compared to up close.

Attachments

• gv1.jpg
    gv1.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 81
  • gv2.jpg
    gv2.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 81
  • gv3.jpg
    gv3.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 81
That looks great! what size posca pens are you using?

Thanks, I have the PC-5M (1.8-2.5mm) and PC-1MR (0.7mm) but in reality stick with the smaller ones. The larger ones are only useful for filling in areas of colour. I am thinking of getting the even smaller ones for knob labelling, they are still a little large for my liking.

I need to invest in some paints, the pens are good but you are limited in shading.

Thanks, I have the PC-5M (1.8-2.5mm) and PC-1MR (0.7mm) but in reality stick with the smaller ones. The larger ones are only useful for filling in areas of colour. I am thinking of getting the even smaller ones for knob labelling, they are still a little large for my liking.

I need to invest in some paints, the pens are good but you are limited in shading.
Thank you! I have the thicker ones and they are waay to thick. My son loves using them to paint pedals and i love his artwork.

Reactions: fig
Thank you! I have the thicker ones and they are waay to thick. My son loves using them to paint pedals and i love his artwork.
Definitely agree, they have limited use and I would easily live without them. I wouldn't recommend them for anyone starting out, spend the money on the smaller pens.
Do the posca pens need a clear coat on top to make the art more durable?
They definitely do, one of the nice things is that they scratch off easily, so if you make a mistake it only takes a wipe/scratch to start over again.
I use a Dupli-Color clearcoat, generally three layers with about 45 minutes in the sun between coats.

The main reason I wanted to do graphics was to label the knobs, for that, the smaller the pens the better.

Back