SOLVED Moonshoot Problem

For starters, can you clean your board really well with some isopropyl alcohol so we can get a good look at the solder joints. Also if you could provide a snap shot of the underside of the board as well. Another question I have is did you make sure your input and output jacks are not touching the black covers on the back of your pots. Not sure if they are metal or not and I can’t judge how close they are to the jack tips when they’re plugged in from the pic.
Where did you get your tl072’s? They look kind of suspect to me. The molding of the package doesn’t look right to me.

They don't touch the pots.

Ok I Will use isopropyl and send a photo of the back...

But I clean all PCBs when I finish a pedal :/

Let me take a look to solder joints

Can you link to what dc jack you are using. You may have it wired wrong. I don’t have a really clear shot of the terminals in the pic but it almost looks wrong to me. The positive lead looks like it may be on the wrong terminal.

What type of solder are you using? There is still a ton of residue left over are you scrubbing with a toothbrush or something similar when cleaning with IPA?

Are you able to get unity when you turn up your pot? Is it maxed out? Do you want more gain than that? Is the tremolo depth and rate working OK? The design only uses a 10K pot in the feedback loop so I am not sure it would add a lot of gain to the output. You could try replacing the 10K pot with a 25K pot to see if you get more gain. Replacing a pot soldered in to the board can damage the board if you are not very careful, so you might want to leave the pedal as if unity gain is OK as is.

Back