Moonshot Fast/Slow Mod

Travis

Hi!!

Could be posible to mod the moonshot tremolo with an extra footswitch to changue speed to double or half?

Like fulltone supatrem

thanks!

Maybe the switch changue the speed pot value or something?

Im not sure how fulltone does

I haven’t looked at the schematic, but If there is a linear correlation between resistance and speed, then you could use a dual gang pot, use just one gang of the pot, and have the footswitch wired to put the other gang in parallel with the first one, thus halving the resistance of any pot setting (you’d also need to configure it to also put a resistor in parallel with the resistor setting the minimum resistance, assuming there is one)

Maybe I can use two knobs and changue between both with 3pdt
I've done exactly that a few times, have a "Speed 1" and "Speed 2" knob, you technically only need a DPDT switch to do it and switch between lugs 2 and 3 of the potentiometers since lug 1 is unused. What I did was use a 3PDT and use the third switch with a dual-color LED so the customer could visually tell which speed was active.

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but I have done a similar mod to my trembling loon board. What I ended up doing, based on a mod on the Apollo trem from guitarpcb, is added another 10uf cap in parallel with C5 on the moonshot schem (which is what determines the speed range) effectively doubling the capacitance and decreasing the speed. I attached this to an intelligent relay board so that I could do the whole momentary speed increase /decrease thing. Works great!

Edit: I have the cap wired in series so that halves the capacitance and thus doubles the speed

Last edited:
Fuzz dog has a PCB for this.

I've used a dual pot for this before in another circuit. Slow mode put the two gangs in series, Fast mode used one gang alone.

Quick and easy way to accomplish a sort of "double speed" switch with a single pot.

Thank you all guys.

I Will use 2 knobs with one 3pdt and a led, It's like two tremolos in one.

Thanks!!

I've used a dual pot for this before in another circuit. Slow mode put the two gangs in series, Fast mode used one gang alone.

Quick and easy way to accomplish a sort of "double speed" switch with a single pot.
Could you explain a little bit more how to do it?

I wanna try it too

Back