Muffin Fuzz (Big Muff - Triangle variant)

Hope you're staying safe in this hurricane.

I built a bunch of muff variants a few months ago. The Triangle style was one of my favorites. The Violet Ram's Head might be my favorite all around muff. I'm not sure what the parts list shows for the Ram's Head off the top of my head, but I built two versions from Kit Rae schematics, a Violet V1 the 470pf caps and V2 with the 560pf caps. They were pretty close, but the V1 sounded better I think with the 470pf caps. The 560pf caps in the V2 made it a little too smooth. Definitely check this one out if you build another after that Civilian

Attachments

• violet rams head v1.jpeg
    violet rams head v1.jpeg
    235.3 KB · Views: 11
I got a question for yall. Is there a way to make the bass end of the tone control useful at all? I know maybe using like a C taper pot might shift the range over but is there anything else that can be done?

I got a question for yall. Is there a way to make the bass end of the tone control useful at all? I know maybe using like a C taper pot might shift the range over but is there anything else that can be done?

unknown.png

I have no idea what muff version if any this is I'm working from, but you could try this jumper from the way huge swollen pickle as a simple mod. It gives you a different feel to the tone control retaining a lot of treble except for the most bassy settings.
Before:
unknown.png

After:
unknown.png

Back