My First 2-in-1 (LGSM - Triangle Muffin)

VanWhy

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
My first 2-in-1 is a big success. I was just waiting the get the order switcher pcb in. Once I got that I couldn't wait to box it last night.
It's a slightly modified Little Green Scream Machine (Tube Screamer) and a Muffin Fuzz (Triangle Big Muff specs).
I added the order switcher just because. I don't think anyone would use a TS after a Muff. Just doesn't sound good imo.
Not much to say about the circuits that hasn't already been said. The TS into the Muff is an absolute thing of beauty.

I took my time with the paint. Put 2 coats on, let dry correctly, wet sanded in-between. Went and put the third coat on and forgot it was going to rain outside. Went back to it later and the wind knocked my cardboard box off that was on top of the enclosure and the enclosure was flipped. And wet. Needless to say, there is quite a few blemishes on it now. All that work down the drain. I wasn't going to let that stop me. I still boxed it warts and all.

The DC Jack Breakout Board is the best for this purpose. Made hooking up power clean and easy.

Will probably replace the knobs at some point. The Muff knobs just feel a bit too big.

Overall, super fun build.

Attachments

• 20230613_064004.jpg
    20230613_064004.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 20230613_064225.jpg
    20230613_064225.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230613_064247.jpg
    20230613_064247.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 39
Great colour! I mostly just go for pre-painted boxes these days then splatter/paint on the tops, so good for you for putting in the effort.

Combo builds are fun and addictive. Bet there are some nice tonal options with that pair.

Great colour! I mostly just go for pre-painted boxes these days then splatter/paint on the tops, so good for you for putting in the effort.

Combo builds are fun and addictive. Bet there are some nice tonal options with that pair.
Thanks! Thats a good idea. The hardest part is getting that super smooth base layer.

And they are super-addicting! I have like 4-5 lined up in my queue haha.

Thanks! Thats a good idea. The hardest part is getting that super smooth base layer.

And they are super-addicting! I have like 4-5 lined up in my queue haha.
I've only done a couple of multi-builds, but should do more!

This is terrific. I’ve become a big fan of 2-in-1 builds - over half of my pedalboard is made up of them (just trying to get the most effects I can with a limited number of loops on my loop switcher).

But – question. Since you’ve tested the effect, it obviously works. But is the middle lug on this pot soldered?

Mike

IMG_1572.jpeg

This is terrific. I’ve become a big fan of 2-in-1 builds - over half of my pedalboard is made up of them (just trying to get the most effects I can with a limited number of loops on my loop switcher).

But – question. Since you’ve tested the effect, it obviously works. But is the middle lug on this pot soldered?

Mike
Thanks, Mike. Good eye. It's funny I was actually looking through my pics at this one last night and I noticed the same thing. I definitely missed it! It is working fine so I never would have noticed if I didn't go back and see the pic. Got lucky and the pin must be making a good enough connection. Either way I am going in there tonight and slapping some solder on it.

Thanks, Mike. Good eye. It's funny I was actually looking through my pics at this one last night and I noticed the same thing. I definitely missed it! It is working fine so I never would have noticed if I didn't go back and see the pic. Got lucky and the pin must be making a good enough connection. Either way I am going in there tonight and slapping some solder on it.
Glad I could help. I had a similar mishap when posting my Nuclear Summer build thread last week. After I tested the pedal and it worked and I boxed it up, I decided to open it back up to take pictures for the thread and I think I accidentally dragged it slightly across my pedalboard. But just enough that when I posted the thread and looked at my pictures with pride, I noticed “oh, hey, why is there an empty socket where a JFET should be?” Apparently I had dislodged it and not even noticed until I posted the pictures – and I knew I would never hear the end of that one, so I quickly put the JFET back in its socket, snapped another picture and swapped out the picture in the thread (hopefully before anyone noticed). :ROFLMAO:

Great work again!
Mike

Back