Muffin Fuzz (bigger muff build)

allsmoke

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I've built the green Russian, triangle and now the bigger muff variant on the muffin fuzz. All three sound great, but this or the green Russian are my favorites. Triangle is good, but not as good for me as the other two.

Anyway, I got the glow in the dark enclosure from Tayda, thinking it wouldn't even work, but holy hell it does.

I was between Ghostbusters and some sort of nuclear reactor theme, but Ghostbusters was a big part of my childhood so it won out.

Anyway, great pedal again

Attachments

• 20240122_115927.jpg
    20240122_115927.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 20240122_124658.jpg
    20240122_124658.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 37
Nice build. That Ghostbusters with the glow in the dark is killer!

I've been looking around and I still don't know what the Bigger Muff actually is. All I saw was that it was used by some Nu-Metal bands like Sepultura. I wonder if anyone has any insights on this.

I was iffy about buying a few of those enclosures. I didn't know how well black ink would contrast with the glow effect, but it looks great. Is that UV printed, or something you did at home?

The Bigger Muff was used by Sepultura, Korn, and Vanilla Ice (seriously).
I suspect the original was created by accident... it's dangerous, noisy, it motorboats, and self-oscillates....

I've considered making the full circuit a project eventually but it's very niche and more of a conversation piece than a usable piece of gear. :ROFLMAO:

The Bigger Muffin in the Muffin BOM is the Muff portion of that circuit.

This is the original built by Richard Kaplan:
1705954777713.png

Back