Octave, Ocelot or FV 1?

Kreisky

Hello,
I'm looking for an octave pedal, almost 1 and 2 clean octave down. Would you suggest Ocelot or some FV1 effect? Polyphonic would be a better choice.

Thanks!

Marco

In my opinion, the FV-1 octave effects aren’t very usable compared to pedals like the EHX Pog and it’s variants. The high octave is especially warbley, and there’s some substantial lag. However, for DIY it’s the only real option so far (unsure if the Daisy seed can do polyphonic octaves).

I like the OC-2 / Ocelot. It’s monophonic, and sometimes glitchy, but it sounds great.

I did a video of all the FV-1 effects awhile back, here’s a sample of the pitch effects. The octave up/octave down part is near the end of this section.

In my opinion, the FV-1 octave effects aren’t very usable compared to pedals like the EHX Pog and it’s variants. The high octave is especially warbley. However, for DIY it’s the only real option so far (unsure if the Daisy seed can do polyphonic octaves).

I like the OC-2 / Ocelot. It’s monophonic, and sometimes glitchy, but it sounds great.

I did a video of all the FV-1 effects awhile back, here’s a sample of the pitch effects. The octave up/octave down part is near the end of this section.
Ditto. I can attest that the videos are worth watching. They helped me choose programs, etc. Great work on the videos.

Ok, thanks for your explanation
In my opinion, the FV-1 octave effects aren’t very usable compared to pedals like the EHX Pog and it’s variants. The high octave is especially warbley, and there’s some substantial lag. However, for DIY it’s the only real option so far (unsure if the Daisy seed can do polyphonic octaves).

Ok, thanks for your explanation!
I think I will go for Ocelot, I like the way it sounds too.

Back
Top Bottom