Paragon L/H Gain Toggles

FloydianPulse

I’m indecisive about low or high gain, initially thinking to do side 1 as high and side 2 as low when I thought about wiring a 100k in parallel on 2 spdt toggles for each side. Anyone done this or have any advice on the best way to wire it?

Yeah sockets are probably the easiest and best option. Was thinking about a trimmer but wasn’t sure how rigid the spec is on either a 1K or 100K for those resistors. Thought an external toggle might be kinda sweet.

I think the best combo is high gain into low gain.
And again, high gain isn't really high gain on the KOT, just a bit more gain. But you still have a nice range of clean and low gain sounds, especially if you mount the clipping switch (OD, Boost, Dist) on the outside. Making those dipswitches external toggle switches is more interesting in my opinion.

Otherwise, just solder a 100k (high gain version), and put a 1k on a switch that you can connect in parallel of the 100k, giving you the two options.

I think the best combo is high gain into low gain.
And again, high gain isn't really high gain on the KOT, just a bit more gain. But you still have a nice range of clean and low gain sounds, especially if you mount the clipping switch (OD, Boost, Dist) on the outside. Making those dipswitches external toggle switches is more interesting in my opinion.

Otherwise, just solder a 100k (high gain version), and put a 1k on a switch that you can connect in parallel of the 100k, giving you the two options.
Thinking of running all high gain in sockets or a trimmer, haven't decided yet. Any thoughts on how to wire a couple of 3-way toggles to the 4-dip switch PCB ports so that you could select them Boost/OD/Dist?

Basically, Boost is (Down Down), OD is (Up Down), Dist is (Down Up). I'm not exactly sure which toggle I could use for each side or how I would wire them?

From the site:
both sides clean boost : off off off off
red side OD, yellow side Boost (factory setting) : ON off off off
red side clean boost, yellow side OD : off off ON off
both sides OD : ON off ON off
both sides DIST : off ON off ON

Thinking of running all high gain in sockets or a trimmer, haven't decided yet. Any thoughts on how to wire a couple of 3-way toggles to the 4-dip switch PCB ports so that you could select them Boost/OD/Dist?

Basically, Boost is (Down Down), OD is (Up Down), Dist is (Down Up). I'm not exactly sure which toggle I could use for each side or how I would wire them?

From the site:
both sides clean boost : off off off off
red side OD, yellow side Boost (factory setting) : ON off off off
red side clean boost, yellow side OD : off off ON off
both sides OD : ON off ON off
both sides DIST : off ON off ON
Hey, this is 6 months late, but for you or anyone else reading, use a DPDT on/off/on switch(middle one in image). dpdt.png
In the left position, the one pair of dip switch ports should be connected, and in the right position, the second pair of dip switch ports are connected. In the middle position, neither are connected(boost), so each toggle is assigned to a different mode.

Back