Parentheses Fuzz (in progress)

Mojo bits and switch are in.

0-B2850-A7-7-FEC-453-C-89-C4-E08-D8456-D0-DF.jpg

Mojo bits and switch are in.

0-B2850-A7-7-FEC-453-C-89-C4-E08-D8456-D0-DF.jpg

noob question regarding film caps. How are you deciding to use them and where? Does it matter if I got all film? Also, I mistakenly got a polarized electrolytic for that one large film 1u. guess that won't work. Still getting confused on parts orders.
your clip sounds great

Tonally it won’t make a difference, I usually use ceramic caps for Pf values as the lead spacing on the board is usually smaller but film will be fine, looks like normal 5mm spacing all across this board.

RE: polarized cap...it can be done but I’d need to see the schematics to know the polarity. You can also connect 2 2.2uf caps up to be functionally bipolar. Solder the 2 positive legs together and the 2 negative leads are now your cap legs. Connecting them in this way will give you about 1/4 of the combined capacitance so close enough to 1uf while you wait for the proper cap to arrive :p

So, I'm curious...what would it cost me to get one of you cats who are actually good at soldering to make me one of these? I break out in hives even looking at that many tiny pieces and I'm just sure I would fuck it ALLLLLLLLLLLL up.

So, I'm curious...what would it cost me to get one of you cats who are actually good at soldering to make me one of these? I break out in hives even looking at that many tiny pieces and I'm just sure I would fuck it ALLLLLLLLLLLL up.
there's one up on Reverb

That's a VERY cool guitar. In additional to looking wicked, I can see several features I've built into some of my own guitars: smooth transitions, smallish size and generally very playable. Like a guitar that's just great to hold. How do you like it?

Oh man it’s unbeatable for the heavy stuff I like to play. I was worried the pickups might be too hot (BKP Warpigs) for fuzz pedals and such but everything shines through it. Got a 5 way switch with coil splitting and my favourite neck ever (modeled after my old Gibson explorer but 25.5 scale)

I was worried the pickups might be too hot (BKP Warpigs) for fuzz pedals and such but everything shines through it.

I'm currently playing a LTD Viper 201 Baritone most of the time. I've been thinking about putting Warpigs in it. Would you recommend them for drop A tuning?

(I've also been thinking about dropping Swamp Thangs into my 2x12. I might be going too far into the "BASS! BASSSS!! BASSSSSS!!!" direction.) ;-P

I'm currently playing a LTD Viper 201 Baritone most of the time. I've been thinking about putting Warpigs in it. Would you recommend them for drop A tuning?

(I've also been thinking about dropping Swamp Thangs into my 2x12. I might be going too far into the "BASS! BASSSS!! BASSSSSS!!!" direction.) ;-P

I use them in Drop F# so sure why not haha

hi all,

there are three tantalum capacitor, 4µ7, 2µ2 and an other near the op amp, can someone tell me whish one is it ?

Not sure I follow the question, the 4.7 and 2.2 are electrolytic and other than that I’ve used film and ceramic 100pf and 30pf ceramic caps (the little yellow ones)

Ok, sorry. On the photos of the EQD circuit we can see 3 tantalum capacitors. One is 2μ2, the only one, so no problem. Another is 4μ7, ie one or the other, a chance on two. And the third, I do not see but it seems close to the op amp.

Back