Parentheses Fuzz (in progress)

So it’s not boxed yet and I’m waiting for the right DPDT switch (I jumpered it to standard diode config for now) but my god does this thing deliver some fuzzy goodness.

The octave section still needs some tweaks, the last 5% of the pot is giving me some funky PLL glitch...not the worst thing haha.

Here’s a clip I just made. Clean first, clean with delay, clean with delay and octave and a bit of gain. Then a wall of fuzz. I use a custom Monson guitar tuned to low Open G with BKP warpigs, into a peavey musician head and an Old Crowe 2x15. Not for the faint of heart :geek:

Oh yeah the delay is an old MXR, I love that thing. The fuzz sounds funny at first til I turn the octave off, derp!

That has some balls behind it.. holy hell! Mine sounds like it has been neutered..

I'm doing as much as I can by lurking here. I'm trying not to pester anyone. I'm lost and it very we may be a failure but, I've extra parts and the pcb was inexpensive so, I'll just try again if it flops. I pestering now because I can't find a source to buy everything. I used Small Bear for most of the parts but, again, they don't have everything. Where did you buy your foot switches? I can only find two, three and six terminal switches. Thanks for any advice.
Cheers

You’re not pestering anybody! :)

I got my footswitches from Tayda and eBay. Smallbear should have them for sure.

Thank you both!
Nostra - I found them at Small Bear. They were on the last page.
K ped - Your link is much less expensive. I'm glad I only bought the three I need. I ordered three times what I need of everything else. I think hope to find reasons to use them in the future.

I'm lost. I can't find what this slot if for. I'm in over my head on this but, I'm not giving up. I've stolen this pic from the original poster. What is this .jpg

That is for a DPDT On On On toggle switch...does your board have 6 holes for the toggle? Newest revision uses an SPDT on off on and there’s only 3 holes.

That is for a DPDT On On On toggle switch...does your board have 6 holes for the toggle? Newest revision uses an SPDT on off on and there’s only 3 holes.
My build sheet said to buy an on/on/on toggle. I'll have to look when I get home. I'm sure it's not 6 points on the toggle. Perhaps I bought the wrong one. I'm amassing spare parts for a future build that's for sure. Thanks. At least I Know what I'm looking at now. If I had bought the right toggle, It would have made sense. Cheers

Last edited:
The board itself went through a revision so if you have the old one it’s a Type 2 DPDT and if it’s new it’s an SPDT on off on

I'm lost. I can't find what this slot if for. I'm in over my head on this but, I'm not giving up. I've stolen this pic from the original poster.View attachment 2062

Unrelated question on the GE diodes. Is the orientation correct on these? I read about flipping them somewhere I can';t find and these seem flipped from my limited knowledge.

thanks

Back