Parentheses Mini Volume

Just built a parentheses Mini and I love it. I perf boarded a rotary switch to still have the extra germanium option like the larger version. Only mod I made. However the volume knob I notice is really inconsistent on the different modes. The distortion knob really does far more for volume. Is this typical of this pedal? Please advise

Each of the modes have a different clipping threshold so what you're hearing is most likely normal.

You'll have the highest volume in No Clipping mode, then Asymmetric, followed by Symmetric, and finally the lowest volume in Germanium mode.

If you followed the full-size Parentheses schematic for the rotary switch these should be in sequential order as you rotate the knob.

Are you sure you're not turning the amplitude thinking it's the dirt knob ? That was my experience when I first boxed it without graphics, I am just too used having the volume on the left and dirt on the rigth
Omg!🤦I had the volume and distortion knobs reversed when I wired them. Now that I've fixed everything works beautifully. I never thought I was dyslexic but pedal building makes me wonder.... Thank you!

You can check out my finished product here if you like.

Back
Top Bottom