Parenthesis Fuzz (Original) Not clipping?

JetFixxxer

To me there isn't a different tone when clipping is off to compare to on (Toggle switch up position). The only thing I notice from off to upper position is noise. With toggle in the lower position I hear a difference. Also octave is very subtle in my opinion. I put my scope on it, but I know enough to be dangerous. I'm looking for some schooling ;)

All pots at noon except for filter
Clipping in the down position
BVsyhXD.png

Octave on:
9DYHD3d.png

Clipping off
mnNtcaX.png

Octave on
IaxwCvm.png

Clipping in upper position
4J55TFb.png

Octave on
wCtZAmz.png

It looks like the octave diodes are different, one blue and one green. Do they have similar forward voltage? That’s the only thing I notice.

For the clipping issue, I would check the solder on the 5 clipping diodes. I’m not sure what to check after that.

You mean D1 and D2 (green/blue) they are both the same GE? the Anode is on the striped side and also their was a thread about the LED screen print where incorrect. Put it the other way the LED doesn't illuminates.

You mean D1 and D2 (green/blue) they are both the same GE? the Anode is on the striped side and also their was a thread about the LED screen print where incorrect. Put it the other way the LED doesn't illuminates.
Yes, the Led is correct after investigation, I've heard that some Ge Diodes have reversed markings, Did the Peak DCA55 confirm this?
Did you use a DPDT On/On/On Type II on this build?!!!

You are telling me that I should actually put them in the direction of the silk screen since my GE stripes are on the anode side.
This version is how the Life pedal was built but the follow up version reversed the Diodes so Cathodes are connected to Q2.
Technically it is drawn right to that Life pedal but it is not the way they should be in the real world!

Back