Parenthesis Mini - first-ever (for me) pedal build

knucklehead

okay . . . all documentation seems straight forward, and to those that have posted build pics - THANK YOU!

My questions are absolutely noobish - they're about parts matching and toggle switch position/labeling.

Which diodes do I need to be concerned about matching? The parts list has 6 - ought I match 3 pairs?

As for the toggle - the PCboard has the paddle running north/south - what position is which clipping type?

I design strings, basses and crossovers/speaker enclosures - I've never worked with so many components before. This is the first of what I am certain is quite a few series of questions . . . .

From the docs I'd say match the two germanium diodes. D100 is just for power filtering. As for D4-7 it won't matter too much as long as they have a similar forward voltage (boring electrical engineering term and not something you need to worry about). I would just keep those the same like the docs say and call it a day. The down position will be the asymmetrical clipping (the one with the LED in it) if the trace in the product image is correct.

From the docs I'd say match the two germanium diodes. D100 is just for power filtering. As for D4-7 it won't matter too much as long as they have a similar forward voltage (boring electrical engineering term and not something you need to worry about). I would just keep those the same like the docs say and call it a day. The down position will be the asymmetrical clipping (the one with the LED in it) if the trace in the product image is correct.
Thank you!

Off to order parts - to compound my inexperience I am going to put this in an odd-ish enclosure. I'll use the Hammond octagon box as that's what contains all my other electronic meanderings.

OctoLife.jpg

Back