SOLVED Parenthesis mini

chongmagic

I built a Parenthesis mini, and I get nothing but a clean signal even with the distortion pot all the way up. Filter and amplitute seem to change and the octave and boost work but no distortion what so ever. I used a LM308 and the voltages at the pins seem ok. I am guessing it could be the IC is bad. I don't think any tranny's directly effect the input to the chip, but does anyone have the voltages so I can compare?

I used 2n5458 in place of the 5102s.

Supply voltage : 9.08

From left to right on the board top down.

2n5458 #1

2n5458 #2

I can do the other transistors too if your voltages for the JFETs are good, but they are mostly parts for the octave and clean circuit so I don’t think they are the issue.

Have you got a lm741 to test ? Had troubles with my build... Turn out I bought some fakes on eBay... What a surprise xD. With the new ic everything works like a charm

Sorry and the IC (dist at max), used a metal can UA308 for fun

1- 8.85
2-4.44
3- 3.8
4- 0
5- 0
6-4.44
7- 8.9
8- 4.1

Thank you so much, I will take a look at Q5, and see if my voltages match yours. From memory I believe my IC voltages where around the same as yours. I don't have another on hand to compare with, people keep wanting to buy the ones I build. So I planned on keeping this one myself, and of course I have an issue with it. LOL.

Not cheap, but I got a few to have on hand, I am not sure how much longer they will be around.

I have used some J201s from Pedal Hacker and they have been fine thus far, and got some from GuitarPCB and they were fine as well.
1580763311324.png

Back