PCB Guitar Mania Freeman BE-OD

Wizard69

Hi there,
I'm about to finish my second pedal with a PCB from PCB Guitar Mania. I've already got the Kloned Centaur, which works fine and produces some awesome tones especially when stacked with other OD pedals.
Now I try to get the Freeman BE-OD running and read in the meantime in many forums quite negative feedback on their PCBs. Some of their stuff works fine, some doesn't. Seems like their designs are not properly tested.
Before I start digging into trouble shooting: can anyone here confirm that the BE-OB layout is working?
Thanks for any hints or feedback.
Frank

Looks like at least one person on the facebook group got it going. No mention of issues

Hi there,
I'm about to finish my second pedal with a PCB from PCB Guitar Mania. I've already got the Kloned Centaur, which works fine and produces some awesome tones especially when stacked with other OD pedals.
Now I try to get the Freeman BE-OD running and read in the meantime in many forums quite negative feedback on their PCBs. Some of their stuff works fine, some doesn't. Seems like their designs are not properly tested.
Before I start digging into trouble shooting: can anyone here confirm that the BE-OB layout is working?
Thanks for any hints or feedback.
Frank
Good news, they seem to have gone out of business, so folks won't be getting any more untested boards.

Bad news, the site is still taking orders, so people might be buying them anyways and just not getting them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, no wonder all my emails to them remained unanswered...
Just for the record: I finally got it working. After checking all parts and solder joints over and over again (incl. direction on the op-amps), I realized that one of the op-amps was not a TL072 but an OP07. No wonder...Next time I will double check this too ;)

Back