PedalPCB Spirit Box build

jhaneyzz

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This is a new build that I'm really happy with.

The Spirit Box circuit is super flexible, Dialed like it is shown, Attack at 8:00, Dwell and Depth at zero actually serves as a nice simple always on reverb, but dialed up it can get really trippy...

Tempted to include the board in the Duro case build for "Stu"

Super easy build. I guess I could have cleaned it up a bit more, still some goo in there.

This shows my most up to date etching and post-etch treatment recipe as of Jan 2023. i.e. 2000 grit sanding of the unetched high spots, enamel paint marker ground into the pits then buffed off carefully, polished with Minwax.

Forgot to remove the plastic doughnut on the stomp switch, the don't really fit the aesthetic so I've switched to flat washers.

I liking the Boss knobs on this pedal in particular.

Trying to get down to a minimum of knob styles. Thinking of Maxons and Love My Switches mini Hi-Fis.

IMG_6521.JPG

IMG_6522.JPG

You know what would be cool....

A duplicate set of trimmer pots internally that store another set of "settings" with a second stomp to switch between them...

Hmmmmmm.....

You know what would be cool....

A duplicate set of trimmer pots internally that store another set of "settings" with a second stomp to switch between them...

Hmmmmmm.....
Well in a larger enclosure you could have 2 sets of external control with a simple stomp to switch from one set to the other allowing you to set 2 different sounds (reverb/trippy) and quickly switch between them...

BTW, very nice build !

Well in a larger enclosure you could have 2 sets of external control with a simple stomp to switch from one set to the other allowing you to set 2 different sounds (reverb/trippy) and quickly switch between them...

BTW, very nice build !
Oooo. I like that idea.

Cool etch!

+1 for a second control setting for one of the pots, such as a momentary footswitch to swap a pot (dwell?) to a trimmer set for washed out feedback.

That way you only have one external extra control.

Back