[PedalPCB] War Scythe. Reap and Ride.

szukalski

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This has been sitting and waiting for me for weeks now as I caught up on some other things.. glad that I got around to it.

Build wise, nothing overly tricky. Followed advice given by @Chuck D. Bones in some threads, the Reap has a leaky transistor around 100 and the Ride has a pair of low leakage ones. I didn’t find hFE to make much of a difference tone wise so they’re more leakage based than gain.

I wish I’d have paid more attention to breadboarding the octave. It’s strong and intense but I should have tuned it more to personal preference. Still, no complaints on the final product.

Sound wise, the Reap has that smooth fuzz, no gating, and the Ride has that muff goodness. Stacked together, they are immense. Well balanced actually, I was pleasantly surprised. It’s nothing that I don’t have in other pedals, but it’s a good go-to for someone without a fuzz on the board.

Graphics are a simple theme. I enjoy the blackout with single colour contrast. Next up will be hot pink and black if I can find the knobs.

Overall, I recommend it if you have the Ge NPN.

Attachments

• 6D880657-9515-4038-9591-240F51B98A6B.jpeg
    6D880657-9515-4038-9591-240F51B98A6B.jpeg
    423.4 KB · Views: 69
  • DFA01EEE-26D6-4F61-A5A4-1A3D0DDB6030.jpeg
    DFA01EEE-26D6-4F61-A5A4-1A3D0DDB6030.jpeg
    468.9 KB · Views: 68
The black footswitches really help set off the lettering, graphic and white knobs. Solid-looking build, very tasty.

Hot pink knobs are out there, just be careful searching for them as some ... uhm, non-pedal paraphernalia may ... uh ... pop up!

I ordered some pink chickenheads (on sale) for a build, stompbox parts, and some 1900s.

I don't really like chickenhead knobs and only needed 1, so I may have a few spare, depending on what you need... Let me know.

What an awesome design. What are you doing with the leds there are they just sitting in the hole?

What an awesome design. What are you doing with the leds there are they just sitting in the hole?
I drill a pilot hole (2.5mm for all holes), and then countersink the LED hole from the inside until the LED pops out the amount I want.

They're just directly attached to the PCB.

Back