Pharmacist OD - More Volume?

PangeaDestructor

My pharmacist build is working and sounds great, but I'm a little disappointed by the volume control, hoping to get some more mileage out of the first 50% on that pot. I know it's not supposed to be super loud without things cranked but unless the gain is at noon, the volume is well below unity until at least noon as well. Any easy swap available to let a little more signal into the volume pot and get some more use out of the first 50% of that control's rotation?

Attachments

• IMG_0946.jpg
    IMG_0946.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 9
My pharmacist build is working and sounds great, but I'm a little disappointed by the volume control, hoping to get some more mileage out of the first 50% on that pot. I know it's not supposed to be super loud without things cranked but unless the gain is at noon, the volume is well below unity until at least noon as well. Any easy swap available to let a little more signal into the volume pot and get some more use out of the first 50% of that control's rotation?
A linear taper pot would do it, or a resistor in parallel.

I thought about that as an option, but was hoping to keep the audio taper in while adjusting the sweep to be a little earlier and possibly louder at higher settings than it is currently. If linear turns out to be the easiest solution it's likely what I'll go with. Cheers!

Back