Pot & Kettle Overdrive (Snouse Black Box V2)

I had the Snouse Blackbox 2 and the boost knob worked similar to yours. When the boost dip switch was turned off the knob did nothing. When the dipswitch was turned on and the pot was all the way down there was no sound. The difference, which is most likely the jfet biasing, is that turning it up had a smooth taper from off to a shit load of boosted level going into the rest of the circuit.

The presence knob is just replacing the resistor after the tone pot I thought. It shouldn’t turn the volume completely off, at least my production pedal didn’t.

I preferred the boost dipswitch on, boost pot set low, smooth dipswitch engaged, presence in the middle, then adjusted tone and drive to taste.

Edit: I guess the other comments didn't load until I had sent this lol

Last edited:
Update:

Many thanks to @music6000 and @PedalPCB who work tirelessly behind the scenes to help people overcome stupidity!

So with their guidance, I looked at the CAP that affects the Presence Knob. Honestly the solder joints looked perfectly fine to me.

View attachment 29688

But just for giggles I reflowed them anyway and BOOM! The Presence knob now works perfectly!

Must have been a cold solder joint in there or something.

Thanks guys!!
Sometimes they'll look great on one side of the board and not the other

Back