Potentiometers

dawson

With Small Bear on its way out, a lot of us U.S. builders are going to be left searching for a new POT connection.

I know it's a tall order, but just imagine the same great packaging and speedy shipping that we have come to expect from PPCB, but now your PCB's show up with all the potentiometers you're going to need- that would be amazing!

Upvote 17
One word: Tayda.

I have not ordered pots from Small Bear in a LONG time.
lately I have had some issues with Tayda made pots pulled a knob off one the whole shaft came out another was a 1 meg that tested 250k actually 2 of them. Since out of hundreds of pots the only ones Ive had issues with are tayda made but you can't beat the price though just want better quality

lately I have had some issues with Tayda made pots pulled a knob off one the whole shaft came out another was a 1 meg that tested 250k actually 2 of them. Since out of hundreds of pots the only ones Ive had issues with are tayda made but you can't beat the price though just want better quality

Tayda sells Αlpha pots as well.

I've read on the net (yeah I know it must be true then... right?) that there's apparently three different factories in Asia that make pots under the brand name Alpha. Hmmmm. I never had a problem as such with any of those apart from human screw up error; I managed to pull a shaft out of an Alpha as well with a terribly tight sitting knob on a split shaft knurled.
I wonder if Tyada pots are actually made in one of those factories as well or if it's all hear say.
So far my experience with tayda pots is good as well.

Yeah it’s where I buy all my pots unless I’m out and about and find some some decent ones elsewhere. Like All Electronics they sell 2 pots for $1.50 (which is still a decent price)and they might be Bournes or other good quality pot but when you start building a lot those pots start to add up (much like everything else) and bad pots make it a troubleshooting nightmare. Speaking of which ,quick question ,can you test a pot in circuit properly for proper value or is it best out of circuit? If you know by chance

I've read on the net (yeah I know it must be true then... right?) that there's apparently three different factories in Asia that make pots under the brand name Alpha. Hmmmm. I never had a problem as such with any of those apart from human screw up error; I managed to pull a shaft out of an Alpha as well with a terribly tight sitting knob on a split shaft knurled.
I wonder if Tyada pots are actually made in one of those factories as well or if it's all hear say.
So far my experience with tayda pots is good as well.
That’s interesting I’d like to know that too. What I had read was Tayda was manufacturing the pots in house. Don’t quote me on that but I think I read that on their site

I've read on the net (yeah I know it must be true then... right?) that there's apparently three different factories in Asia that make pots under the brand name Alpha.
Tayda alpha is for sure different than alpha pots from other sources (e.g., small bear, stomp box parts, etc.). They’re a lot easier to disassemble without too much destruction. So, they’re my go-to to make custom dual gangs.

That’s interesting I’d like to know that too. What I had read was Tayda was manufacturing the pots in house. Don’t quote me on that but I think I read that on their site
I would be very surprised if they would make the pots themselves, I bet it's outsourced like most of that sort of stuff in manufacturing.
Like many guitar brands have guitars made to their specs and names on in other big factories like Cort (which I believe is the biggest guitar manufacturer in the world).
I just measured my stash of Tayada pots of vairous A B and C taper and they are all the rating that's printed on them within tolerance, so that's good at least.

I usually get pots from Tayda (Alpha when available) and haven't had any real issues with them, but will turn to Stompbox Parts or Love My Switches if I miss something and want a good shipping time and don't have a bunch of parts I need. LMS are monsters at getting orders shipped.

Back