Pots on StomBoxParts

pcb rookie

Anyone tried the pots on StomBoxParts? How to they compare to Alpha pots?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience!

I haven't ordered from Stomp Box Parts personally, however, they have an awesome reputation and I wouldn't hesitate to order from them with confidence. I likely will one of these days, I'm just lazy and haven't created an account there.

Everything I’ve received from them has been top notch. They’re getting closer and closer to being my one stop shop

Last edited:
Hey! 16mm pots at the moment are still a mix of a few brands. Alphas, Mammoth, and our Cusack pots which we will be switching to entirely once we deplete the rest of the other stock (ran out of Vimex recently). Alphas and Mammoths are virtually the same except the Mammoth ones don't have that front tab. Our Cusack ones would be most comparable to Vimex in that the wafer is fiberglass and also don't have front tabs. We use them in our production builds (for a lot of other brands we build for and sell to via SBP). Values where the Cusack pots are the option will change the picture to a big bold picture of one of them.

Pots with orange wafer are actually quite fragile. If you got a pot to spare, put a little bit of upwards/downwards force on it and it will crack. Usually not much of an issue, but I occasionally find broken pots in the bin, but more often we'll get repairs from someone who stepped on the knobs with too much force and there will be stress cracks in that orange wafer which is what the carbon traces are running along. You simply cannot break the green/grey fiberglass with any reasonable means of excessive force, we've never had an issue with those.

/spam

Last edited:

StompBox Parts is absolutely awesome! I’ve had nothing but great experiences with their products, shipping and customer service.

Back