Powersound Boost Mockup Pedal - Arriving Soon!

The layout has been updated and split into two separate projects, the Boost (18V / 3-knob) and Overdrive (9V / 4-knob).

Probably overkill since the circuits are extremely similar but I didn't want to do the whole "Omit this part, add a jumper here, substitute this value" thing.

The layout has been updated and split into two separate projects, the Boost (18V / 3-knob) and Overdrive (9V / 4-knob).

Probably overkill since the circuits are extremely similar but I didn't want to do the whole "Omit this part, add a jumper here, substitute this value" thing.

So which one is mine?…

I thought the Colorsound Powerboost and Overdriver were identical except for source voltage?

A Powerboost without a master is a tough sell.

There are a couple (very) minor differences between the two, aside from the voltage.

A Power Boost with a master isn't a Power Boost. ;)

Side note: I’m still trying different things out to kill RF in my Vick Audio Overdriver. None of my usual stuff is working.

Today I was running my Fuzz Face and Overdriver and the FF was RF free but evangelicals were coming through the Overdriver.

There are a couple (very) minor differences between the two, aside from the voltage.

A Power Boost with a master isn't a Power Boost. ;)

Are we talking the originals or reissues?

I’m fairly certain voltage and paint are the only differences between the originals.

Either way, it’s just curiosity on my part driving the distinction.

Just for fun I cranked the master on the Overdriver today at 18v. Whoo-boy that baby was loud.

So which one is mine?…

Yours is a sort of hybrid of the two that could easily be modified to fit either. You have the 18V VCC of the Boost, but the Master volume and component values of the Overdriver.

Back