PPCB ChopShop (meet the new boss, same as the old boss)

Locrian99

Yep it’s a chop shop, it sounds really good still, just like the old one did. It’s got a cool switch thingy that does some stuff. Everyone says it’s the bees knees because it is.

I had to build this one because my last one ventured forth into the great unknown in a trade deal for a cab. And well I missed it. Finished it up today and after the kiddos went to bed jammed about for about an hour through my headphone set up (me-90).

I screwed up the led, long story, but to fix it right I was going to have to take everything out and I didn’t want to so this way I know I can’t trade this janky ass work away :)

I’ll probably throw a dymo label on there tomorrow so I don’t think it’s a muff with a mids switch :)

IMG_7241.jpeg IMG_7240.jpeg

I've heard that in the different Fairfield revisions, the Sag knob has different characteristics from v1 to the newest one. Do you find that it's still nice and...saggy on the newer revision of the board? I've managed to build like three of these for other people using the old version and LOVE how the Sag knob operates. Have a newer revision and am curious if there's a difference.

I really never messed with the sag knob a bunch on my old one. I kind of found a spot and left it there.

Which I could’ve sworn in v1 was almost full ccw, and on this one is near full cw. That’s how I remember it being but I might be remembering wrong too.

Back