Question about the 125B Drill Template and hole spacing

moltenvolta

Just bought the 125B enclosure drill template and was wondering how to know which hole spacings to use for each different type of enclosure (3 knob type 1 vs 5 knob type 1 vs 5 knob type 2 vs 4 knob type 1, etc).

Also, the Circulator has a tag that just says 125B but when looking at the drill template in the build docs it looks like the holes are a bit closer to the edge of the enclosure compared to say the Sherwood Drive...Is it safe to assume that any PCB that has a pot or toggle switch in the middle area, between two outer pots, will require the 1.6" spacing, while the 3 knob type 1, 2 knob type 1, and 4 knob type 1 all use the 1.3" spacing?

From my experience, making assumptions when it comes to drilling will only land you with an unusable enclosure.

Just because circuits have similar controls and enclosure sizes doesn't mean placement will always be the same. I might just be overly cautious, but I'd recommend drilling an enclosure based on it's specific drill template every time to avoid having to do it again.

From my experience, making assumptions when it comes to drilling will only land you with an unusable enclosure.

Just because circuits have similar controls and enclosure sizes doesn't mean placement will always be the same. I might just be overly cautious, but I'd recommend drilling an enclosure based on it's specific drill template every time to avoid having to do it again.

Agreed, I definitely do not want to accidentally drill the wrong hole spacings. The template that PedalPCB sells has different spaced holes for all the circuits they offer and that's why I'm asking to see if anybody knew which spacings go to which circuit types before I start drilling.

Agreed, I definitely do not want to accidentally drill the wrong hole spacings. The template that PedalPCB sells has different spaced holes for all the circuits they offer and that's why I'm asking to see if anybody knew which spacings go to which circuit types before I start drilling.
You could just print the pedals drill guide and lay the template over it to be sure, but sounds like you got a pretty good grasp, I find it much easier to use than trying to line up a piece of paper and hope I taped it straight

You could just print the pedals drill guide and lay the template over it to be sure, but sounds like you got a pretty good grasp, I find it much easier to use than trying to line up a piece of paper and hope I taped it straight
That’s what I do. Still saves time with having to cut, bend, fit and tape the paper template.

Back