Question about the PedalPCB Ermahgerd (Rockett WTF/Hooligan) Fuzz

SpikeVelvet

I just ordered the pcb for the Ermahgerd (Rockett WTF) fuzz. If I know that I will be satisfied with the tone in the middle position of the SPDT switch couldn't I leave the diodes out of D1 and D2 holes and place a diode arrangement in the holes for C6 and C7 and have the switch choose between 2 different sets of diodes on either side of the switch and no diodes when it is in the middle?

From what I read on the forums most people find the extra caps bring in too much low end and the tone is quite dark, In fact, there is a well-known mod for the Rockett Hooligan (same pedal without the extra switching) that simply removes C6. It seems like this could add some useable flavor if I already know that the extra low end will not be something I need.

Schematic and Build docs are here:

https://docs.pedalpcb.com/project/ErmahgerdFuzz.pdf

Last edited:
It’s a DT, so you only get ON/ON, A or B.

I’ve been working on a variation of this circuit all afternoon and you can use different caps there for whatever you’d like. You could probably put whatever value/s you like in the diode holes or jumper one, and a pair of clipping diodes in the cap holes.

Edit- I’d say socket those and see what works for you.

Last edited:
Back