rangefinder or focusing

fredeharley5

Hi everyone I am new here. Decided to join this forum after reading some posts. So excited to take part in healthy discussions.

I have own my original M10 for 3 years now, since earlier this year when I took out my M10 from the bag when I rotate the lens (CV Nokton 40/1,2), the rangefinder doesn't focus,, nothing happens in the focus window, when I turned on the live view, you can see the camera start to focus but no focus peeking info. It happens very randomly but it gets more frequently now. Sometimes the camera heals by itself, but I don't know when this sticky rangefinding issue would happen again.

Thanks a lot for any help...

2326F8C7-6496-4C55-B80E-3CC28EF780D3.jpeg
This is a guitar pedal building site. the “rangefinder” mentioned here is the name of a particular electronic circuit project. Not that you might not find someone with some knowledge of photography mind you.

I don't know enough about Leicas but I suspect the focus information is sent electronically rather than mechanically. So it's possibly a dirty contact where the lens attaches to the camera? A Leica dealer should be able to tell you.

Why would someone program a bot to post that? This is what I will never understand about the interwebs.

Reactions: spi
I
Why would someone program a bot to post that? This is what I will never understand about the interwebs.
It's all about teaching something to comprehend that has no reference to what a conversation even is. As humans we are born predisposed to forming ideas into speech, translating that to muscle movements in the throat, and making sounds with our mouth. What if we met an alien civilization with equivalent levels of intelligence, but descended from insects that only use pheromones to communicate? How could you explain what a ryhme was?
Luckily, with computers we have mass repetition. We can set it to make millions of random posts, and give everyone a score based on specific key word repetition in responses, or length of posts, etc.,. In reality, there could be thousands of variables. Then take that info for the next generation of posts.. although what I've just said is HIGHLY simplified its basically how it could go. It (the bot)can get information from really any interaction with it, based on input command variables.
Some bots have corporate interests, or maybe even government research.. but I suspect a lot are from tech undergrads doing ai research..

It's all about teaching something to comprehend that has no reference to what a conversation even is. As humans we are born predisposed to forming ideas into speech, translating that to muscle movements in the throat, and making sounds with our mouth. What if we met an alien civilization with equivalent levels of intelligence, but descended from insects that only use pheromones to communicate? How could you explain what a ryhme was?
Luckily, with computers we have mass repetition. We can set it to make millions of random posts, and give everyone a score based on specific key word repetition in responses, or length of posts, etc.,. In reality, there could be thousands of variables. Then take that info for the next generation of posts.. although what I've just said is HIGHLY simplified its basically how it could go. It (the bot)can get information from really any interaction with it, based on input command variables.
Some bots have corporate interests, or maybe even government research.. but I suspect a lot are from tech undergrads doing ai research..
That's what a bot would say.

Back